• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

James(Jimmy) Henry son Robert Henry

Yes Lyn - as far as I know the older records are all at St Chad's. They are mainly on microfilm (or were when I last went a few years ago) so searching takes a while.

ok good luck...i could be wrong but i think you maybe directed to st chads where i believe all records are kept...if i am wrong someone will correct me

lyn
Thanks again, all I can do is ask and axe u said if I'm wrong be redirected

You might find an archivist at St Chad's but they were looking to appoint a new one and I am not sure if they did.

MWS, I'm sorry I dont have any other information and it's a long shot may never find the correct branch but at least I can say people been very helpful and I tried, is there be an irish centre in Birmingham?

New records are being released and transcribed all the time so even if your search can't be resolved now, that doesn't it won't be in the future.

Back