• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

IN OUR GARDEN 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the good thing about glazed pots, you can repot them year after year, or re top them with soil, makes the garden look brand new.

Well it's a lovely day here, a wrap up day. But I'm recovering from a hospital visit yesterday (no need for concern), so I'm staying in. Hopefully tomorrow will be as nice.
We have both, glazed and plastic and metal beer barrells, I painted the plastic pots to look like ceramic then varnish them. I use left over paint varnish and wood stain. I experiment, I can't life the stone pots any more. Hope you feel better soon Strawbs.

The robin is still feeding in the garage in his personal saucer, He appears to come in and feed just to please me. I have raised one of the fat feeders as the cats have had go at what looks like a blackbird, fluffy black feathers everywhere.

We have both, glazed and plastic and metal beer barrells, I painted the plastic pots to look like ceramic then varnish them. I use left over paint varnish and wood stain. I experiment, I can't life the stone pots any more. Hope you feel better soon Strawbs.
Yes, they are heavy, I know what you mean. Mine are just about the right size for me to move.

The bullfinch came again, also two robins and a wren but the pigeons frightened them all away. Yesterday there were magpies on the fence and in the guttering, they make a noise.
rosie.
We are not seeing any small birds. I think that Avian Flue has really hammered them, I'm afraid. And now, I am reading that it has been confirmed in a dead seal. Bad news if it has jumped to mammals.

Steve.

Spring is sprung the grass is riz,
Well ours hasn't it's getting baldier and baldier under the plum tree, maybe roots? I am going to try and hack some in the border that send shoots up, they could be plum, bird cherry or wayfaring tree, which has died above the ground.

Feeling -4 deg. this morning, but bright and sunny.

I have an inkling that my Clem may be a wee bit optimistic.

As if ice on the car is not bad enough, the gulls decided to practice dive bombing it last night before the frost. :mad:

No doubt, that watched me washing it on Sunday

Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back