• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hewitt - Help with family tree search

hi lozza that column gives the date of birth for the people listed...agnes was not aged 95 its her date of birth which was ..20th sept 1895..

lyn.
Oh i see i thought that was there ages . That confused me there. But thanks for clarifying it.

Oh i see i thought that was there ages . That confused me there. But thanks for clarifying it.
thats ok...they didnt put the first 2 digits of the year born..if you look at the very top of the 39 register it will tell you what each column denotes...just ask if you get stuck

lyn..

there is an agnes norman b 1895 on the 1939 eve of war census..she is down as widowed living with her are 8 others which i presume are her children...address is 74 severne road birmingham....when you see a crossed out surname this indicates the persons married name which you may recognise..blanked out names usually means the children are very young...below is the 39 census which i think is correct and i would agree with MWS that edwards parents were harry and agnes norman

lyn

Looking at the number of children that Harry and Agnes had and how many were alive in 1939, there appears to be one extra space between Rose and Brenda. Possibly a relative or a visitor but shows the 1939 Register can be a bit frustrating.

All the children could be unblanked as they seem to have all passed away.

Back