• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Help please - Rachel Box (Cook) b 1861, d ?

The address on the 1911 is 5 Rose terrace Cromwell Street (if I have the right record). On the 1920 eroll DANIEL and Rose Smith are listed at 5 back of 96 Cromwell Street. Is this them?
1641386334627.png
The only birth of a Thomas Harold (see below) in 1901 has mmn Cooper.
1925 eroll has Daniel, Rose and Thomas Harold Smith at 5 back of 96 Cromwell street.
1641386819932.png
I can't find a Cooper/Smith marriage.

Last edited:
  • Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Thanks, that looks like the right ones. There is a birth for a Rachel Cooper registered Aston, Mar 1861 and I think she is at Lupin St on 1939 register.

So another one ruled out.

Yes - think I saw Lupin Street.
Thomas stays at 5 back of 96 even after his marriage.
I am getting more convinced she moved in wth someone and changed her name.

yes so am i jan in which case the chances are at best very slim of finding our rachel...it happens but if we cant find definitive proof it just has to be chalked up as a for always mystery however i am still happy to keep looking for a while

lyn

I agree, I thought Rachel Wright and Smith were reasonable chances but it becomes more of a case of disproving (which you did) rather than confirming and more difficult.

Hopefully the letters can give a clue.

Rachel Box (Cook) was the granddaughter of Thomas Box and Rachel Lea. She was born in 1858 in San Francisco, California. She married Henry Cook in 1883 at Mariposa, California. She died in 1938 in Citrus Heights, California. Rachel was my great-great-grandmother.

Back