• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Good music to listen to on U Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lynn & Pete. I know exactly where you're coming from. It's like weve been friends for years, but then got seperated, mainly because i moved to Scotland. But it does feel great having a wee chat with you both.
Hey less of the ‘wee’ Bazz!! Don’t forget you’re a Brummie!!!
Lynn.
l

17 years old sitting in a Rolls Royce that came in for repair listening to Roger Whittaker on the 8 track because the guy was old and did not have the usual Who, Floyd etc, but I have had stayed listening to him and still to this day the song Dirty Old Town just takes me right back "kissed a girl by the factory wall", music all kinds just takes you back all those great girls our Pet, Cilla, Lulu, and Dusty still getting radio play here in the US, most days I listen to Pandora on my phone or the putter
Hi Bob, your memory of a Rolls Royce coming in for repair, and then you listening to music on the 8-track reminded me of similar memories. I used to work for PJ Evans in Granville Street, then Essex Street 1970-74 (Rolls Royce, Triumph and Jaguar). Used to listen to the owners music on their 8-track and cassette players - motorola etc while doing repairs on their vehicles. The rolls owners seemed to go for the rat pack - Sinatra and co and the Carpenters!! lol. Did you work at PJ Evans?

Last edited:
  • Appreciate
Reactions: ade
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back