• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Falklands not forgotten Today

John Young

master brummie
Hi to our friends in Our Falkland Isles & our loving respect to our Fallen.

I,m not an admirer of our present P M but he did come out with a lovely Quote in today,s Mail on Sunday,

Quote ; "The white smoke over the Falklands was pretty clear ",

This in support of the Islanders fantastic vote,,And response to a remark made by the new Pope suggesting to
return the Islands to Argentina.

Nice 1 Dave,,,cheers & Total support for Our people everywhere,,,John:pride:

Paul, a slight correction if i may,,, They...are not "lost" while respectfully remembered by you & thousands of us here in UK
AND our lovely Falkland Islanders who honour them who worship the very ground,,,They fell upon,,, Bless em...John

A bloke I worked with was on the Galahad. He can be seen in that newsreel footage of the lifeboats being rowed ashore, he's sitting in the back of the first one.

It is to be hoped we dont have to return, we certainly havent got the forces we had in 1982.Remember seeing Tony Benn being interviewed, he said had Labour been in power we would not have sent the Task Force to take them back!

New Plaque on the Falklands Memorial, at the National Memorial Arboretum

Attachments

• 19th March 2013 Tuesday 008.jpg
    19th March 2013 Tuesday 008.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 19th March 2013 Tuesday 010.jpg
    19th March 2013 Tuesday 010.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 5
Hi Donbogen, were you RE, my old mate Stewart Stotard, was a full screw with 9 Para, and spent some months down there defusing Argi mines and ordnance.
paul

Hi Master Brum no me not REME i was part of fire demo team who gave displays etc a small team of us were sent over to select Argie weapons to bring home for evaluation most of team was REME we had Argie Argie pows help us them @ reme dealt with mines @ stuff me just small arms but we did bring back 20/30mm AA cannon I still got put on guard as well.

Back