• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Dolls Hospital

I went to the one opposite Cannings when mom went to fetch dads parts for his watch repairing. It was only a tiny shop.

I did have a sister who has now passed on, she was in hospital or convalescent homes from being a toddler until 14 so us three lads never saw a doll and knew nothing about Dolls Hospitals in our childhood.

Trevor neither did I but I liked looking in the window of the one I remember. I was what is known as a Tom Boy. I did have my brothers old teddy bear though.

I remember the one in Erdington, I had a big doll who I called Dawn, she had long gold hair which bcame really matted up and went to the Dolls Hospital in rdington and came out with a blonde bubble crop! Think mom still has her in the loft, my girls both played with her when they were little.
Sue

I remember that there was a dolls hospital on Broad St., somewhere in the region of Bingley Hall and a lovely old bike shop.

Thanks for telling me Jean, I didn't get time to read all the post's. Never mind I am in good company with Alf.

Back