• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

christmas 2013

Sorry Jim,

I wont be able to make this one as already booked up for babysitting my little grandson. :ambivalence: Hope plenty of others can go and I know you will all have a great time. xx

bull ring.jpgThis picture is up for raffle, it is by Robert K Calvert and depicts the bull ring in the 50s.

Last edited:
I thought about joining those in The Bull but when I worked out the travel costs I decided to be their purely in spirit. National Express was cheaper than rail but it meant an overnight stay so that option worked out more expensive. There was a time when I would have driven a car there but I make much shorter car journeys now. The last time I drove in Birmingham city centre was 1980 and I know much has changed since then.
Like many who will not make it I look forward to the usual informative report of it all on the Forum.
I must say the place looks a most interesting venue and there are places of interest not far away, such as St. Chads, The Pen Room, and the city centre itself - although shops are of little interest to me nowadays - and more I am sure.

Well it seems we might be small in numbers, but as long as somebody turns up I'll be there.

Myself Sat on the SVR with the little ones for Santa, last Sat along the Cut in Brum for Santa, different little ones.

I'm babysitting that day I'm afraid. She's only two and a half so a little young to be downing pints (Oh .. I don't know though)!

After some discussion, it has been agreed to cancel the meet, the prizes kindly donated for the raffle will be held over to our next meet, it's a shame, but appreciate that it was arranged at short notice and many will have made arrangements for the day.
Will be planning the next meet early in the new year.

Colin

Thanks for the update Colin. The best decision I think under the circumstances. Look forward to the one in the New Year!

Back