• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Childhood TV PROGRAMS

A few programmes i remember was Robinson Crusoe, if i remember correctly i think i read Robinson Crusoe was filmed in Gran Canaria, then there was Herges adventures of TinTin, another favourite, and the Forest Rangers

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    6 KB · Views: 7
Also not forgetting Skippy the bush kangeroo and Top Cat

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 2
I've enjoyed many children's TV programmes which aren't from my own childhood but those of my children's. Favourites have been Thomas the Tank Engine, Rosie and Jim (on the canal barge) and Brum (the little yellow car). Watching both Rosie and Jim and Brum with them gave me glimpses of Birmingham after I'd moved away to London. My kids loved these programmes - and secretly I did too !

Viv

I've enjoyed many children's TV programmes which aren't from my own childhood but those of my children's. Favourites have been Thomas the Tank Engine, Rosie and Jim (on the canal barge) and Brum (the little yellow car). Watching both Rosie and Jim and Brum with them gave me glimpses of Birmingham after I'd moved away to London. My kids loved these programmes - and secretly I did too !

Viv
Nothing wrong with that! Helps keep those memories alive.

the rest of it lumpammer..........Billy Bean and his Funny Machine (1953)​

Billy Bean built a machine to see what it could do,
He made it out of sticks and stones, and nuts and bolts and glue.
The motor sang chuggle-arang, chuggle-aruggle-arator,
And all of a sudden a picture appeared on the funny old cartoonerator.
Billy Bean built a machine to see what it would do,
It did the funniest things he’d seen,
So he called it his funny machine, machine,
Billy Bean and his funny machine.

…sends shivers down me spine…

Back