• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Canal Cruise (on the Day)

great photo's and everyone seems to be having a great day out, if it would be possable to put names to all the forum members it would be great for such as me stuck some 90 miles away and to put faces to names I have spoken to on the forum.
paul

Hi, all Canal boat riders...
All the photos are great! Reminds me of our boat trip back in July. Hope that you can name a few of the members in the pix who were also at Barton's to meet us.
Shirley

hi shirley..yes we had a great time yesterday and i think colin must have an arrangement with the powers that be as the weather was glorious..thinking about it i reckon most of us who met you and barb at the bartons were on this trip so later on i will have a go at picking them out and will let you know what pics i have edited....:)

lyn

Chris and Brian, don't know how you got pics of me seemingly drinking beer!
Here's one I took just as you two realised how much the Bud was costing:D

Having seen all the photos and read the comments I'm now sure you all had a good time which for me makes it all worth the effort.
As a bunch of individuals who joined together as cyber friends to continue and meet up as a group just shows what a successful forum we have.
Robert, I have got to arrange a suitable date for a hot air balloon flight, my daughter brought me a voucher for one for my birthday, and I'm not so sure about having some influence over the weather, every time I've tried to fix a date for the flight the weather has changed and prevented it.

I've got a few photos to add to the thread later.

Colin

Hello All, Just home ,like the odd one or two people we decided to stop off for something to eat on the way home ,and it wasn't a Burger !!!
A big thank you for making our first day with all you lovely people so much fun and making us feel very welcome ,thanks to Col for arranging it ;)
Look forward to seeing you all soon
We had a burger: I bet you just KNEW we'd end up there....sigh....

I had my first and only Hot Air Balloon trip whilst on Holiday in Cyprus a few years ago, an unforgettable experience, the best part was on landing, the basket tipped over and I had half a dozen screaming young girls on top of me - bliss !!!!! Eric

Last edited:
Few of my photos, have also posted them on the Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/group.php?...!/group.php?gid=129663943723498&v=photos&so=0

1. First job was to pump out the water.
Forum_Canal_Trip_28729.JPG

Forum_Canal_Trip_281429.JPG

Forum_Canal_Trip_281029.JPG
Forum_Canal_Trip_28629.JPG

Forum_Canal_Trip_28929.JPG

Colin

Last edited:
i had my first and only hot air balloon trip whilst on holiday in cyprus a few years ago, an unforgettable experience, the best part was on landing, the basket tipped over and i had a dozen screaming young girls on top of me - bliss !!!!! Eric

Thats funny Eric
:D:D

And finally.

4. This building took me back, as a 15 year old apprentice (1963) this was the first site I worked on, students halls of residence Birmingham Universty

Forum_Canal_Trip_281329.JPG

Colin

Last edited:
Really pleased you all had a great day. Glad the weather stayed good for you, and the pictures, once again, are brilliant. Thanks to all that posted them.

Pics 3 and 4 The Cube, I know a lot of people dislike it.
But myself I think it is a fantastic building.

well done fay...nice pics....dont worry im always waiting for my sons help too...:D

lyn

Yes mariew the photos are lovely aren't they. I am so pleased everyone enjoyed the day!

Loved your pictures looked like you picked a perfect day.....my late brother Harvey took me on a canal cruise one year when l visited Brum so those pictures brought back pleasant memories.....have any of you been to San Antonio Texas.....they have a beautiful" river walk" the boats being very much the same only they are open, and as many times as l've been on them l always enjoy it......Brenda

Back