• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Canal Cruise (on the Day)

ColinB

gone but not forgotten
Well we had a nice day just got back after stopping for something to eat, hope everyone enjoyed themselves today, what a great crowd.
Now where's all those pictures.

Colin

hello shipmates...:D what a lovely meet up.. a big thank you goes to col for organsiing it..it was lovely to cruise along the canal chatting away to friends and also meet up for the first time with louisand..tadrussel and anothershot (and now ive forgotton your first names:cry:)

here are a few piccies of the day...

waiting to board...

Im glad you all had a fab day but if you put on photos dont you think its a good idea to put names of the people on there

Mau-reece

hi ya mossy... may be able to name one or two but it would take to long to caption who is on every pic when we have this many attending...sorry...:)

now i will never ever call robert the late late again....bobbys brother dave missed the boat but we managed to get him on board half way round...:D

Lovely day, legging in my fathers footsteps , well imaging it ! Hope everyone one got home safe.
Many thanks again to Colin for arranging it and to such a lovely crowd of people. Bye Fay

caught our tom being naughty folks...sticking his head out the window...:headhit::headhit:

a few taken on the way round..sorry for any shadows but we were not allowed to lean out of the boat to take pics...

Looks a bit clostra.... claustrof.... claustroph...... CRAMPED in there doesn't it?

Were you the only one with a camera Lyn?:)

Another thumbs up for a smashing day. Nice to meet old and new friends. Thanks Colin for your efforts. Lyn, did you enjoy those burgers? Was it 3 I saw on your plate?
Here's a couple of my pics so far, one of going into Gas St basin from Brindley Place, the other where we stopped for a "stretch-your-legs and fag break"

hi ya chocks..no it was very comfortable actually. considering we had a full house..newley refurbed...i dare say there will be others posting pics. late on...i beleive a few of them sloped off to various pubs after...:cry: david we had a bag o chips..:)

nics pics...

Lynn lean of the boat ''narrow boat'' if you dont mind who stopped ya taken photos of old buildings nod nod wink wink:D:D:D

Mau-reece

i really enjoyed my trip on the barge, thanks colin and everyone who came and made it such a good day :wave:

What a great afternoon, it was good to meet old friends again.
Also to meet other members for the first time, what lovely people you are.
Thank you Colin for organising the trip, and laying on the good weather again. ( I don't know how you do it )
Pics to follow.
Brian

Mossy, talking about the leaning of the boat. Here are 2 pics, one when we were all being nice and good, the other after some of them (no names) started playing up. Honestly, I thought my time was up!

Thanks Colin for organising the day. ie boat and weather both were fantastic. Mo and I had a fab day with forum members both okd and new.

Great day, thanks Colin for organising it - and organising the weather too! I'll consult you before booking any holidays!!!

Thanks colin for another great day,it was so nice to meet old and new members,looking forward to the next one.
great photos everyone.

Back