• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Canal Cruise (on the Day)

Well i missed this one due to illness, but its been great to see the photographs, thanks to all for posting them. Max

Lovely pictures must have been a great day out. Thanks for sharing you day with those of us that can never make it.

hi dottie and max....so pleased that you liked the pics...we had a lovely time...:)

Where did the boat actually go? North from Gas St. up the BCN or South down the Worcs. & B'ham Canal?

It went from Gas Street Basin up the Main New Line round the Icknield Port Loop, returned to Gas Street and continued along the Birmingham & Worcester Canal to the turning point at the Vale and then returned to Gas Street.

Colin

Last edited:
Hi Colin - thanks for the info - it looked like a good day out.

Do you think there would be much call for a boat trip from Gas Street to the Black Country Museum and back (about 8 miles & 3 locks IIRC)? It would have to be next Summer for the day length - but I think it could be done. I used to have a share in an ex.GUCC Small Woolwich motor (Bargus no.567) and I've done this run quite a few times before - last time was Summer 2009 when we hired a boat and did Stoke Prior - Worcester - Stourport - Kinver - Stourbridge - Tipton - Brum and back to Stoke Prior. What do you reckon?

Regards

Jan

Last edited:
Back