• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bhf Easter Meet Up 2017 On The Day

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks new thread here to post your comments and photos and by the time you do i hope you will have all had a good afternoon:):):)

lyn

thanks janice we had a smashing time...although some members could not make it was lovely small but perfectly formed meet up...:)..was great to meet kieron from the west midlands pub site...devonjim and my old school chum rosielab (sue) we have not seen each other for 47 years since leaving lozells girls school:eek: also good to see davem again who was busy taking photos for us...i think we raised a fantastic £141 for our forum funds (will double check that) so thank you all for your generous support...oh thanks also to lady penelope for the lovely bunch of roses..a very kind thought pen..just going to put them in water...apart from dave a few of us were taking photos which i am sure will be posted asap...thanks again and a happy easter to you all..

lyn x

Had a wonderful surprise, the members kindly presented me with a display model of a Lancaster bomber (knowing I flew in them over 65 years ago), then MikeJee gave me a bottle of Cherry Brandy he won in a raffle, I thought it was my birthday !! Have attached a few pics including one of the 'Lanc' proudly displayed by my late Wife's portrait. Really enjoyed my visit. EricLancaster, gift from Forum.JPG 1 Bull Apr 17.JPG 3 Bull Apr 17.JPG 4 Bull Apr 17.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
eric you look so proud holding the lancaster model:) and it looks smashing next to the painting of your wife...by the way after you had left you won a raffle prize so i chose a book titled..ASTON REMEMBERED..if you dont have it and you want it we can arrange for you to pick it up from mine..

lyn

Nice to meet and apply a face to names I had previously encountered only online. Life's much better face-to-face and with a beer in one's hand! We were a tadge late arriving - sorry. We arrived in Brum quite early but inevitably were drawn to the dazzling array of bike shops with whopping price tags on lovely items! Then we headed to the Burlington Hotel for some nosh at the Vegan Festival - the rooms were packed and it was elbow room only. We followed this with Easter Saturday visits to both cathedrals. The stained glass windows never fail to amaze me. It was nice to chat to a few of the forum members avec some lovely Wye Valley Butty Bach. We then headed to the Vegan Beer Festival in the Two Towers Brewery behind the Gunmaker's - surprisingly very busy. Tried three of the beers. Hic. And finally we went to look at the huge space where the library once stood. There is an opportunity here to do something amazing - hope they do it properly. A great day out in Brum.

sounds like you both had a good day all in all kieron....take a rest now lol...had to go shopping when i got back im cooking for the tribe tomorrow:D just finished dinner and just in the middle of uploading a few piccies i took..

Few pics, no rush Froth15th April 2017 Saturday 0001.jpg 15th April 2017 Saturday 0003.jpg 15th April 2017 Saturday 0004.jpg

Attachments

• 15th April 2017 Saturday 0005.jpg
    15th April 2017 Saturday 0005.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 15th April 2017 Saturday 0007.jpg
    15th April 2017 Saturday 0007.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 35
nice piccies dave..i see you got me folding tickets lol...just a few from me..

pic 1 devonjim on the left and mikejeeEASTER MEET UP 2017 014.JPG EASTER MEET UP 2017 015.JPG EASTER MEET UP 2017 003.JPG EASTER MEET UP 2017 011.JPG
pic 2 kieron from the midland pubs site
pic 3 my old school mate rosielab (sue dyson)
pic 4..nice to see you back on the scene dave

A great meet up thank you and another than you to those who purchased a copy of 'The fair Cop'. Another 8 sales and more money for 0ur three domestic Violence charities.

Steve R

A great meet up thank you and another than you to those who purchased a copy of 'The fair Cop'. Another 8 sales and more money for 0ur three domestic Violence charities.

Steve R

hi steve glad you enjoyed the afternoon..also pleased that you sold a few copies of your book and helped your charities...:)

lyn

I wish I had been able to be there Steve, but circumstances stopped that happening , I was so pleased to have been made so welcome at "The End Of Steelhouse Lane" If you Please message me privately with details with how I can buy your book. MAX

I wish I had been able to be there Steve, but circumstances stopped that happening , I was so pleased to have been made so welcome at "The End Of Steelhouse Lane" If you Please message me privately with details with how I can buy your book. MAX

Nice pics, Dave. No idea who most of them are, of course, but it seems you all had a good time. :)

Maurice

Lyn it was lovely to meet up after 47 years I had a lovely time made new friends and lovely meal roll on the next Meet Up

sue it was lovely to meet you again as well and we will keep in touch now...we cant be wearing that bad as we both knew each other straight away:D

lyn

IMG_2539.JPG
Two attempts just to post three pictures!
Back home in Devon, got to ride a tram, and to see how various banks around the city have finished up as pubs. Villa not to be mentioned!

Back