• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bhf christmas meet 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think that Wendy & I will need to be in the corner with a box of tissues! I agree with Wendy, Christmas will be very empty this year. Mark & his partner go on the 10th as well, from Gatwick (joy!); they packed up their Surrey flat into a crate in October and hopefully it's halfway round the world now. Lisa is Kiwi/Samoan, so she is going home after 5 years here. They are expecting a baby in April, so guess I'll have to get used to 24hrs in a plane!

Yes, I think that Wendy & I will need to be in the corner with a box of tissues! I agree with Wendy, Christmas will be very empty this year. Mark & his partner go on the 10th as well, from Gatwick (joy!); they packed up their Surrey flat into a crate in October and hopefully it's halfway round the world now. Lisa is Kiwi/Samoan, so she is going home after 5 years here. They are expecting a baby in April, so guess I'll have to get used to 24hrs in a plane!

oh crikey les so both yours and wends son leave on the 10th then...all the more reason to get yourselves down to the jewellers and be amongst friends..and les with a new grandchild on the way a very good reason to go and visit...:encouragement:

lyn

Lyn if all goes to plan 2 cakes on their way complete with carry boxes :encouragement: and Wendy if its the bubbly shampoo, I'm sure it would be fine lol!! though you'd need a 2nd mortgage to get it!!
Looking forward to it now.
Sue

Lyn if all goes to plan 2 cakes on their way complete with carry boxes :encouragement: and Wendy if its the bubbly shampoo, I'm sure it would be fine lol!! though you'd need a 2nd mortgage to get it!!
Looking forward to it now.
Sue

oh thats great sue...please thank mom will you...i will leave plenty of space for one of those cakes then lol...

Just thought i'd let you know me, mom and dad are a deffo Lyn, hoping to bring my Uncle Ron too if he can make it :)

Last edited:
Just thougth i'd let you know me mom and da dare a deffo Lyn, hoping to bring my Uncle Ron too if he can make it :)

excellent claire..look forward to meeting your mom at last..we can chat about farm st school...i will prob bring my folder of old end photos if you think your mom would like a look through them??? if you want one of our new look forum badges with your name on just let me know...£1.50 pay on the day...:encouragement: hope uncle ron makes it...

lyn

Last edited:
My mom would love to look threw them, as would i! she always talks about times when she was little, and the farm street kids running down the road banging bin lids with the playful rivalry between them and the summer road i think it was kids, it'll really bring back some memories for her, soon as she found out dad wasn't working that day she was like we are going! yeah hope uncle ron can too, blimey he has some stories he can tell! it'll be good if he can remember most of them since he had a stroke, hoping this may help him :)

My mom would love to look threw them, as would i! she always talks about times when she was little, and the farm street kids running down the road banging bin lids with the playful rivalry between them and the summer road i think it was kids, it'll really bring back some memories for her, soon as she found out dad wasn't working that day she was like we are going! yeah hope uncle ron can too, blimey he has some stories he can tell! it'll be good if he can remember most of them since he had a stroke, hoping this may help him :)

hi claire it would be summer lane i think...ok then will bring a few photos to the meet..will enjoy talking to uncle ron as well especially if he has some good tales to tell lol..

see you all soon...:encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

meet up memo..

hi folks..just to let you all know that postie will once again be putting £100 behind the bar to kick start us off with our first drink...just tell the bar staff you are with bhf...many thanks jim...:encouragement: i shall be there early before the kitty runs dry lol..

5-4.gif

lyn

Last edited:
Typical... I say I'm not going to the meet so Postie put 100 quid behind the bar... What you trying to say Jim...LOL

Wow Postie that's really generous and so kind of you :) Oh Lyn the stuff he used to get up to as a lad haha he used to knock about with Ozzy Osborne and sneek my mom into music gigs lol should be good fun haha

Wow Postie that's really generous and so kind of you :) Oh Lyn the stuff he used to get up to as a lad haha he used to knock about with Ozzy Osborne and sneek my mom into music gigs lol should be good fun haha

claire i shall look forward to meeting uncle ron...hope he can make it lol..

FORUM BADGES..

HI FOLKS IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR NEW FORUM BADGES BEFORE THE MEET WE CAN POST THEM TO YOU..JUST SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO POSTIE GIVING YOUR ADDRESS AND HE WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW TO PAY...TOTAL COST OF BADGE INC POST AND PACKAGE IS £2.50...if any members who have ordered a badge for collection on the day find that they cant make it at the last min i can post them to you after the meet...
ONLY 2 WEEKS TO GO FOLKS...

5-4.gif

lyn

Last edited:
Hope the traffic is better than today as well - our bus was 30 mins late, there were 2 lanes of stationary traffic on the distressway, the driver said because people wanting to come off at the old fire station were leaving it to the last minute and then those who had queued in the inside lane wouldn't let them in - don't blame them either, I wouldn't have! - the whole Lancaster circus island was at a standstill too, but only to go down towards the old Masshouse, it was clear to go on towards the A41 etc, except for the idiots blocking the exits - I bet there were a few road rage incidents, so lets have it nice and clear for us!!
Sue

Hope the traffic is better than today as well - our bus was 30 mins late, there were 2 lanes of stationary traffic on the distressway, the driver said because people wanting to come off at the old fire station were leaving it to the last minute and then those who had queued in the inside lane wouldn't let them in - don't blame them either, I wouldn't have! - the whole Lancaster circus island was at a standstill too, but only to go down towards the old Masshouse, it was clear to go on towards the A41 etc, except for the idiots blocking the exits - I bet there were a few road rage incidents, so lets have it nice and clear for us!!
Sue

It's always the same on a Saturday sistersue, it's got a lot worse since Corporation St has been closed to buses and now most of them use the bus mall around Moor St and on the run up to Christmas it's not going to get better anytime soon.:fatigue::fatigue::fatigue::fatigue:

Well Lyn, I was hoping to get there but I had to see what work plans were. Unfortunately for me, I now know I won't be able to make it . So I wish you all a good enjoyable meet and I shall look forward to the pics.
Have fun everyone.

Chocks

oh thats a shame chocks i was hoping you could make it....there will be plenty of pics and if you should be able to make a quick detour in the wagon please pop in just park it outside and come as you are lol..

lyn

Lynne, I don't think I will come either, I don't fancy driving the Saturday before Christmas, and don't fany coming on 2 or 3 buses. I hope you will all have a wonderful time.

Thanks Mike lol - I drove in to the mini meet at the Bull and flew straight through so waas hoping to do the same again lol!! I can always hope.
Sue

sorry you wont be there sylv...look out for the piccies..

hi ya sue...to be honest i reckon getting to the jewellers maybe easier than the bull but there again im not a driver..i shall never forget the xmas meet of 2 years back it was the morning that the snow came down in buckets..too late to cancel...about a third of our members managed to get through..how they did it i will never know.it was virtually knee deep in new summer st by lunchtime and even deeper when we left...

Last edited:
Lyn I remeber that meet would have been our first one, but Mick got beaten up the night before by a group of yobs who he asked politely not to throw snowballs at cars on the road as it could cause an accident - that was male and female yobs, he ended up with a broken nose and glasses!!! Hopefully it won't snow for this one, white stuff is forecast next weekend - as we are off to Derby
Sue

bringing to the top..:encouragement:CHRISTMAS IN THE JEWELLERY QUARTER
christmas-holly-1.jpg

hi all well its creeping round to that time of year again so lets get the ball rolling for our christmas meet up...as usual everyone is most welcome especially our members who have not yet been to one of our meets..please bring along any friends or family as you will all be made very welcome.:encouragement: once again we will be holding a raffle and all proceeds will be going to our forum funds so any donated prizes will be most welcome and many thanks to members who have already said they are bringing something along...there is plenty of choice of good food at the jewellers..not over the top prices and excellent service..get your names down folks before its standing room only lol...

venue...the jewellers arms pub
23 hockley st b18 6bw

date...saturday the 15th of december.

time...12 midday...

MEMBERS HOPING TO ATTEND..

COOKIE 273UK....
SISTER SUE..MOM AND DAD..
THE LOVELY FLOYD SISTERS IRENE AND PAM.. AND COUSIN BRIAN..
WENDY AND MICHAEL..
ASTONIAN..
DAVID FOWLER...
KEY HILL BRIAN...
CAROLINA...
ASTONESS...GRAHAM AND JO...
LADYLINDA..
LYNNE WEBB..
VICKY..
KELLY..
CLAIRE-BRUM71...AND MOM AND DAD....
BERNIE D'BOULT..AND LINDA...