• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bhf christmas meet 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Memo note to take holly wreath for lap:devilish:

hey bernie..dont forget the mistletoe..may as well go the whole hog...

dog-1.gif

1 WEEK TO GO FOLKS...
:encouragement:

THE BHF BANDWAGON IS ALL SET TO ROLL AGAIN..:encouragement:
csanta-1.gif

Last edited:
Advice needed - is there a bus from City Centre to anywhere near the Jewellers Arms? My car has given up the ghost, and may not have afforded a new one by next week - aside from the fact I can't find one - so may have to bus, but too far for dad to walk!! so just in case.................................
Thanks, Sue

hi sue sorry to hear about the car..typical this time of year...74.75.79.16 buses from town..sorry i dont know where the stops are now but if ladylinda sees this post she maybe able to help with that but those are the buses i know for certain you can catch.....get off at the stop after the lord clifden pub gt hampton st..just walk back on yourself a few feet and a short walk up hockley st.....the jewellers is on the left..

lyn

Great thanks Lyn, looking for car but as usual not much cash or cars about to choose from!! Will get there though!!
Sue

Or you can get the Metro at Snow Hill and get off the first stop, Jewellry Quarter. It's only a short walk.

Terry

catch any of the buses that Astoness mentioned by the Minories ....round the corner from Square Peg.....opposite Snow and Rock (if it's still there!)

OR...the Inner Circle No 8 goes down Vyse Street ...OR ...the 101 from the side of Snow Hill Station (Livery Street) stops at the top of Warstone Lane (by the clock).
Hope this helps.

Thanks Terry and Charlie and Ladylinda, the Minories stops would be fine, we can get off our bus outside the Square Peg.
Sue

Glad you asked the question about the buses Sue. I have to get from New Street - looks like I have plenty of options.
Annie

thanks everone for your advise with the transport...i think its only 2 or 3 stops from the minories to the stop you need to get off at gt hampton street..if any of our members would like to swap mobile tel numbers just in case send me a private message...

charlie hope you and don have a good holiday...:encouragement:

lyn

Last edited:
morning all...just finished making up all the ordered new look forum badges..still time to order one like we know who you all are lol..

£1.50 each...pay on the day....:encouragement:

lyn..

Another item to enter in the raffle.

Attachments

• laurel and hardy.jpg
    laurel and hardy.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 17
thanks jim i could find a nice little spot for that ...we have got loads of great raffle prizes coming in and at this rate there will be enough for all of us to win something....:encouragement:

lyn

Hi Lyn, I have received this from John

Sadly, I won't be able to meet you all in the Jewellery Quarter on the 15th. I'm manning a family history 'drop-in' session at the library here in Brecon that morning, and I'm committed until 12 noon.

It would have been good to have met you all face to face. You seem to be a very friendly bunch.

Maybe next time. . .

Cheers,

John (JLB)

thank for passing that on from john carol..i do hope that he may make a future meet up..anyone who can share pics that they have taken like john does deserves a handshake...

chocks ive already got the nail in the wall where i am hanging that laurel and hardy poster..

lol-1.gif

STATUS CHANGE:

You can now count us as definite attendees subject to Flood/Famine/Pestilence or Train failure.

Thanks

Bernie

nearly time for the BHF bandwagon to roll once again folks.....:encouragement::encouragement::encouragement: CHRISTMAS IN THE JEWELLERY QUARTER
christmas-holly-1.jpg

hi all well its creeping round to that time of year again so lets get the ball rolling for our christmas meet up...as usual everyone is most welcome especially our members who have not yet been to one of our meets..please bring along any friends or family as you will all be made very welcome.:encouragement: once again we will be holding a raffle and all proceeds will be going to our forum funds so any donated prizes will be most welcome and many thanks to members who have already said they are bringing something along...there is plenty of choice of good food at the jewellers..not over the top prices and excellent service..get your names down folks before its standing room only lol...

venue...the jewellers arms pub
23 hockley st b18 6bw

date...saturday the 15th of december.

time...12 midday...

MEMBERS HOPING TO ATTEND..

COOKIE 273UK....
SISTER SUE..MOM AND DAD..
THE LOVELY FLOYD SISTERS IRENE AND PAM.. AND COUSIN BRIAN..
WENDY AND MICHAEL..
ASTONIAN..
DAVID FOWLER...
KEY HILL BRIAN...
CAROLINA...
ASTONESS...GRAHAM AND JO...
LADYLINDA..
LYNNE WEBB..
VICKY..
KELLY..
CLAIRE-BRUM71...AND MOM AND DAD....
BERNIE D'BOULT..AND LINDA...
BISHOPSMATE...
SHERA...AND BOB...
PETE R....
STARS...AND WIFE BID...
MIKEJEE AND MOM....
ROBERT..AND BARRY..
BARRIE...
POSTIE AND THE BOSS HILARY...
MAUR..AND ALAN...
MAGGIEUK..AND TOM..
XIXTOMXIX..(SON TOM)
LINDYLOO...
JIMBO..AND THE WIFE...
RAGGA...
PHIL...
TERRYB18..AND THE BOSS...
BILBO.C...
MAYFIELD..
ANNIE56...
BRIAN SKELDING..AND NORMAJEAN...
CHRISM..AND MARLENE..
LESLAM...
COLIN B....

Last edited:
Dear Lyn, It is with regret that we will not be able to make it to the Jeweller's Arms meet on Saturday. My wife has had a nasty fall, requiring stitches to her face and two bone fractures to her left hand. She is still rather poorly and needs care and attention. She tripped first thing yesterday morning while making the tea and went face into the dining room wall. She has extensive bruising on her face and parts of her body.
Such a pity it has happened at this time, as I had arranged to come from Hereford by train, straight to the Jewellery Quarter station. Perhaps next time we might have a bit more luck.
However, we hope you all have a very nice time, and may I take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a Healthy New Year.
Kind regards to you all,

Alan Spencer (Bikeral72)

oh my gosh al...sorry you both cant make the meet but my main concern is for your wife...this sounds a very nasty fall indeed and of course you must be at home to look after her..on behalf of all of us on the forum can you please wish her a speedy recovery....there will be other meets in the new year al and im sure a lot of photos will be posted of the xmas meet....

very best wishes to you and the family....

lyn

Last edited:
To all at the "Forum"--
Have a really great Christmas and Happy New Year!

hope to see a few of you again in July...
Barb and Shirley

and a happy christmas you and barb shirl....ive got your visit in my diary see you in july...

lyn

christmasgif5.gif

Bikeral, sorry to hear about your wifes fall, tell her to rest well and keep that hand/arm up and her fingers moving to stop them becoming stiff and more painful.Sorry we won't see you this time, but as Lyn says there will be more meets - we hope! Have a good Xmas and New Year.
Sue

I realise I've left this a bit late, but what is the car parking situation around The Jewelers Arms? Are they just parking meters or are the any public car parks.

Barrie.

Hi Barrie Parking meters I seem to recall though it may also be lose to a meter free zone not sure. There is also a car park a short distance away. Will take a look unless I get beaten to it by someone who knows better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back