• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

2020 BHF NEW YEAR MEET UP

what lovely photos jan....love the one of james with frothys wife cath...hes a little poser just like his mom :D :D thanks jan....i am just sorting out the ones john took ..should be posting them very soon

lyn

Yes thought that last one was nice. I had to resize twice - did my usual and still wouldn't upload so repeated process and it was OK.

Been out until 4.0pm local time and just got around to looking at the pics, after also fixing a router problem. James is a good looking lad, Lyn and I hope he kept you lot in order. You all look as if you were having a good time and that was the main purpose, so mission accomplished. :)

Maurice :cool:

James helped - he came round when we sold the raffle tickets. Put the folded tickets in the bowl ready for the draw. Helped with the draw and generally had a good time. He was no trouble at all. :D

he even won a raffle prize and got a round of applause lol...i have been told i have to take him back to the bull because although he spent a lot of time trying to locate ellie the pubs cat she scarpered as soon as the pub started filling up:D:D

Some really great pictures and great to put faces to names, I'm only sorry that I couldn't make it. I was trying to combine it with a visit to family but sadly that's had to be postponed as well.

Some really great pictures and great to put faces to names, I'm only sorry that I couldn't make it. I was trying to combine it with a visit to family but sadly that's had to be postponed as well.

never mind jim things happen...maybe next time...fingers crossed

lyn

some great piccies there mike...couple of observations...post 104 pic 5 looks like i am squaring up to morturn :D :D which of course i am not...its the angle of the photo lol

post 105 pic 6...vicki what on earth are you doing :D:D:D:grinning::grinning:

post 104 pic 3...john have you lost something.. :D

that little grandson of mine gets everywhere:)

jan its a good job we can see what you look like on your new avatar...i think at the next meet up i will get everyone lined up outside for a group photo

lyn

Last edited:
Super pics, thanks. And well done, Lyn, for making it happen. Sorry not to have been able to get there this time but glad that everyone seemed to be having a good time, as ever.

Chris.

Great pictures and new avatars too! I must redo mine sometime as the current one is over 20 years old, though I don't think I've changed much - can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, as they say! :)

The Bull looks great and if I was a drinking man, I could spend the rest of my life in there!!

Maurice :cool:

it is a smashing pub maurice...the new landlord has already started adding to the cup and jug collection..i also love the new framed phyllis nicklin photos of the gunquarter he has got dotted around the pub...nice touch...a testament to the areas history...

lyn

Thanks John Knight for donating the sewing machine and thanks to keyhill Brian for handing it to my wife Cath :)View attachment 140433
With all the pics gone - Vicky won one - Kelly than donated the port she won to me as a consolation, so was happy when I finally won something to donate it to someone who wanted it but hadn't won yet - Thats the joy of the raffle, nice to donate things to others who appreciate them - Hope you are not too tied up now catching up on the sewing jobs........

Well done to all the photographers, though I think that there's only about four of you that I recognise from meet to meet!

some great piccies there mike...couple of observations...post 104 pic 5 looks like i am squaring up to morturn :D :D which of course i am not...its the angle of the photo lol

post 105 pic 6...vicki what on earth are you doing :D:D:D:grinning::grinning:

post 104 pic 3...john have you lost something.. :D

that little grandson of mine gets everywhere:)

jan its a good job we can see what you look like on your new avatar...i think at the next meet up i will get everyone lined up outside for a group photo

lyn
Love your entertaining observations Lyn and great photos everyone, what a homely pub, you all look like you had a wonderful get together .
Wendy

All I can say is that I had forgotten what a REAL pub was like! Looks like a super place and everyone is enjoying themselves!
Thank you all who took photos they are great reminders of a place and folks I liked to be with in my earlier days.

Thank you Lyn and those who helped put this together!
My wife and I are planning a trip to the UK this spring, this event has been a great motivator.

Thank you all on the Forum!

With all the pics gone - Vicky won one - Kelly than donated the port she won to me as a consolation, so was happy when I finally won something to donate it to someone who wanted it but hadn't won yet - Thats the joy of the raffle, nice to donate things to others who appreciate them - Hope you are not too tied up now catching up on the sewing jobs........
Hope not mate.;)

Last edited:
Back