• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

2020 BHF NEW YEAR MEET UP

Arh, thanks Lyn. I can remember now it was a Saturday and the street was quiet. Great, as I don't know my way around being able to park near is fab, thank you

The same for me I'm sorry to say. The best laid plans of mice and men....................................... :sob:

hi folks....what a lovely afternoon we had....was great to see you all again and to meet you kat...grandson james was quite taken by nannys friends and said he would like to come again lol....many thanks to those who contributed to the raffle...a special thanks to eric for providing us with 6 much sought after paintings and well done to those who won one:)the raffle tickets book had 100 strips in it at £1 a strip.. sold the lot so we raised exactly £100 for our forum funds so thanks folks this will help a great deal to keep the forum running...it will be winging its way to our forum funds account in the next couple of days

i know that quite a few photos were taken but we will have to wait until members have uploaded them and posted them on here...oh before i forget many thanks to john knight for the miniature sewing machine and thanks to lady pen for the delightful piece of chances glass...i have found a nice spot for it pen...:)

lyn x

Forgive me if off topic, but Lynn's grandson James was telling me about his guinea pigs x 2, Vicky's Sister then told me about her guinea pigs x 2 (Ronnie and Reggie, the same names I was going to have for my pugs) and I bought a mug last week with two guinea pigs on it!!! I've always wanted a guinea pig since I had a rabbit as a little girl!
Always admiring them in the pet shop whenever I see them.

Just a coincidence, but kinda spooky in a nice way.

Once again I forgot my camera, but I noticed other members shooting away, so eventually we should see lots of pics, I personally enjoyed the meet very much, nice to meet other members. My walls look a bit bare after taking down 6 paintings, will have to start replacing them. Eric

hi kat did james tell you his guinea pigs were called rainbow and dasher...he chose the names for them lol...

eric your paintings are wonderful....it was so generous of you to donate so many yesterday...i know mikejee won one.. also pjmburns (janice)..think lady penelope and hubby graham each won one...cant remember now who won the 5th one...own up whoever it was:D:D:D the painting i chose i gave to john knight as he has never won one and it was a subject he really wanted to win and to be honest my landing and stairs are already adorned by your paintings lol...

hopefully we should have a few more photos posted soon

lyn

Last edited:
post 71 photo 1...vicki in red tee shirt to the right of her keyhill brian..pic 2 myself and mikejee..pic 3 john knight...

I give up, have reduced my photos to the smallest size, and it still says too large,

Last edited by a moderator:
john there is nothing wrong with the 2 you have posted i reduce my photos from 100 to 40..if you are still having problems email them to me and i will reduce and post them for you

lyn

post 76 pic 1 is graham lady penelopes hubby..pic 2 myself and grandson james

I give up, have reduced my photos to the smallest size, and it still says too large, stupid bloody site.

Dont worry John I too have trouble sometimes with photos, I had a lovely garden photo a few months ago for the garden thread and whatever I tried it would not load, said it was too big : unamused: never did post it !
Wendy

Dont worry John I too have trouble sometimes with photos, I had a lovely garden photo a few months ago for the garden thread and whatever I tried it would not load, said it was too big : unamused: never did post it !
Wendy

You may be able to email the photo to yourself and the size can be reduced when you receive it back. Then save it at the reduced size to your library. You can then upload at the reduced size.

You may be able to email the photo to yourself and the size can be reduced when you receive it back. Then save it at the reduced size to your library. You can then upload at the reduced size.

Ohhh thank you Pedrocut I am going to try that right now haha, I will let you know how it goes.
Wendy

Thank you so much Pedrocut, I just posted a photo on "In the garden 2020" and it loaded fine, thank you for your idea now I know I can do that if I have a problem.

Wendy

Back