• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. roger a

Ward End

Ive been reading a book called" Ward End from ancient times to the present day"wrote by Ken Govier.its quite a good read.I think you can only buy it in the Ward End area well worth £6. best wishes.
  2. roger a

old central news clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w46XpwoHa0A&feature=related cant get over how young bob is.
  3. roger a

The Bull

Hi all somebody told me this pub never used to be called The Bull.Wonder What It Used to be called?Its On Price Street.
  4. roger a

Washwood Heath School

just wondering if there are any members who went to Washwood Heath School i was there from 1973 till 1978.it would be great to hear from you.best wishes Roger
  5. roger a

Armistice day Birmingham

just one thing to say Thank You.
  6. roger a

moby dick

hi all heres a pub i didn,t know about came across it while ridding my bikethere was a sign on it for Birmingham yacht club wonder if there still running?
  7. roger a

The New Adventurers What a bloody eyesore

has anyone seen The New Adventurers what a eyeshore have a look see what you think,its on Queens road Aston by the police station
  8. roger a

The Swan And Mitre

another pic while out on my bike
  9. roger a

The Britannia Lichfield Road Aston

took this picture while out on my bike
  10. roger a

The Bromford

Heres a picture of The Bromford Pub
  11. roger a

another one bites the dust

The Haverlock Saltley looks like its going to be demolished.
  12. roger a

Rag Market

This looks like it could be fun next friday the 2nd oct and saturday the 3rd oct the staff at the rag market will be dressing up in fancy dress to celabrate 100yrs of the rag market.lol
  13. roger a

anglo saxon

the Anglo-saxon gold to go on show today at the Birmingham art museum wonder if anyone is going?https://news.uk.msn.com/in-pictures/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=149891963 https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8272075.stm
  14. roger a

St Peters And St Davids Church Water Orton

I was wondering if anyone knew if st peters and st pauls church in Water Orton has ever had a steeple?it looks to me as if it did.
  15. roger a

the heathway

heres a picture of The Heathway Pub
  16. roger a

The Raven

Heres some picture of The Raven pub Stectford
  17. roger a

what did it used to be called?

am i right with the name of this pub it looks like"Sharahans"its on Rocky Lane but i wonder what its name used to be?:rolleyes:
  18. roger a

Albion Vaults

heres a picture of the Albion Vaults.its a great pub.
  19. roger a

Perry Park

hi all has anyone been round perry park lately the place is a dump.The lake smells and is overun with rats and clogged up with weed.What impression is team USA and team Jamacia going to get when they stay and train in Birmingham at the Alexander Stadium.Its about time Birmingham City Council...
  20. roger a

Bagot arms

:)heres a picture of the Bagot Arms theres a letter missing off the sign.
Back