• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Ward End

roger a

master brummie
Ive been reading a book called" Ward End from ancient times to the present day"wrote by Ken Govier.its quite a good read.I think you can only buy it in the Ward End area well worth £6. best wishes.

Hi Roger,
Just found this thread. I'd really like to get my hands on a copy of this book. After much googling I'm no nearer. Doesn't help that I live in Spain and can't pop round to Ward End to buy it ;-)
I was in the choir at St Margaret's many moons ago and lived in Foley Road.
Cheers,
Stan

have you tried contacting Ward End library.
They should know of it & whether it´s still available.
My mother had a copy of it several years ago,but she´s been dead for 4 years & I´ve no idea what happened to it.

If this is not the correct book, then they may know of it and where it is obtainable.

" A HISTORY OF WARD END PAST & PRESENT , written by Ken Govier and published by the Overpool Neighbourhood Forum, price £6. - a particularly good read with many and varied photographs of the district - Copies can be obtained by contacting Charlie Reynolds on 0121 - 327 - 4379".

Back