• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. C

Spitfire project

Hello everyone I thought I would put this on a separate thread for ease. I live in the Birmingham area and have been slowly rebuilding a spitfire using both original and newly manufactured parts, sadly it will not fly but I am hoping that one day it will go on display for all to see and sit...
  2. C

Victoria grove/Nursery road Aston Manor

HI I am trying to find out where Victoria grove, off Nursery road, Aston Manor would have been. I have tried to find it via multi map and the AZ of Birmingham but no luck, I had relatives living there in the 1901 census. Regards John Names are Fawke,Fawkes,Wicketts,Craddock
  3. C

Wicketts,Medley Road,South Yardley

Anybody remember the wicketts family who came from yardley, there was the father henry who died in 1908,Alice the mother,kids being sidney, lily ann,george,percy.bertram, rose,daisy,violet,jessie.
  4. C

St Agatha Sparkbrook Lookups

Does anybody know where the parish records are held for this church? I looked at the birmingham central libary and could not find them.
  5. C

Craddock family of Selly Oak

Does anybody remember the Craddock family who lived in Tiverton Road selly oak?
  6. C

Fawke/Fawkes

Hello AS like so many others I am researching the family history, most of the family originated from hereford and moved to Birmingham from 1875 onwards settleling in Aston and Balsall heath. Christopher Fawke along with his brother Richard run a coal dealer/merchantsfrom Highgate Coal wharf...
Back