• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Wicketts,Medley Road,South Yardley

coalman

master brummie
Anybody remember the wicketts family who came from yardley, there was the father henry who died in 1908,Alice the mother,kids being sidney,
lily ann,george,percy.bertram, rose,daisy,violet,jessie.

Anybody remember the wicketts family who came from yardley, there was the father henry who died in 1908,Alice the mother,kids being sidney,
lily ann,george,percy.bertram, rose,daisy,violet,jessie.

Hi yes I remember them as they are part Of my family
On my nan's side if you need more info please let me know
Regards
Rory

Hi,

Bit of a long shot but did Daisy marry Percy Wilson? My mother in law's grandparents were Ruby Wilson & Charles Boswell and believe Ruby's mother was Daisy Elizabeth Wicketts. They would have lived around that area so thought there was a good chance it could be the same family?

I don't have much information on the family as Ruby died 3 years after having my mother in law's mother Patricia and she was raised by her father and step mother.

Any info would be fab!

Thanks

This is the 1901 Census from 1901 for 8 Medley --

Name: George Wicketts
Estimated Birth Year:abt 1859
Relation:Head
Spouse's Name: Alice Wicketts
Where born: Solihull, Warwickshire, England
Civil parish: Yardley
Ecclesiastical parish: Sparkhill St John the Evangelist
Town: Greet
County/Island: Warwickshire
Street Address: 8 Medley Rd
Registration district:Solihull
Sub-registration district:Solihull
ED, institution, or vessel:32
Household schedule number:209
Household Members:NameAge
George Wicketts
Alice Wicketts
Rose Wicketts
Daisy Wicketts
Violet Wicketts
Bertie Wicketts
George Wicketts
Percy Wicketts
Lillie Wicketts

No Henry, could explain why i couldn't find a death in same name

bren

Found this marriage --

Daisy Elizabeth Wicketts/Percy William Wilson 2nd qtr 1909 Birmingham 6d 111

bren

Have found these births, it is possible there was an older sibling but mothers maiden name didn't get recorded until the 3rd qtr of 1911 so unles you have a name it is no good trying to pick one from the very long list from 1909 to this time.

Harold I Wilson, mmn Wicketts, 1st qtr 1912 Aston 6d 402

Ruby M Wilson, mmn Wicketts, 2nd qtr 1914 Birmingham 6d 613

bren

Do you know if you have any links to a Sarah Wicketts nee Conley born 1869 and her husband Henry Wicketts born 1869. Henry Wicketts father was William Wicketts

Back