• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Craddock family of Selly Oak

hi there coalman
i have just been browsing down the threads and i have just seen your thread and its unusal name craddocks have you got any connections or was you a neibours be cause i tryed looking for craddocks a long time ago a craddock family
many years ago was a very good neibour of ours when we lived in cromwell square
or as we have always called cromwell terrace we lived at 5/92 lichfield rd and the craddocks lived at ii or 12 in the terrace between the sheldons and morris newmans
during that year one week end we had some terrible gale force winds it was a late saturday night during the night the two house joined to gether newmans and the cradocks the winds came and took completely off the two whole roofs the lafts ,the beams the slates the whole complete roofs
they moved to alum rock the rd by the alum rock pub by the tv shop
that was 54-55 which is some years in lasping so i was wondering wether this is the same family did you know any think about them the two houses was photograph
by the press, the sunday mercury i think it was front page news or the second page
i often wondered what as happened to these familys and where are they now
best wishes astonian ,;;;

Hi Astonian

Dont know whether they are related in anyway but you never know, the Craddocks I am trying to find out about are my Grandfathers family.
He was part of a largish family so some may have moved over yourway, all I now is that my grandfather was bornin redditch, moved to Selly oak with his father and mother and ran a coal merchants business in tiverton road sely oak.
If I do hear or make any connection I will let you know

Regards

John

hi coalman
many thanks for coming back to me on this one would really appreciate it
they was a youngest couple in them days they had one child and i think his name was graham and mr cradock smoked a falcom pipe would you remember the old falcom pipes
best wishes and heres to our members hoping some-one will pull some-think out of the hat for you at least ,, astonian ;;

Back