• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. M

Scott Arms Pub

Wondered if anyone remembered which pub it was at Scott Arms where there used to be a disco with, oh what's the name of that white lighting where it shows up everyone's dandruff and white bras!! Used to be really good. Late '68 is when I went.
  2. M

Houses on Villa Street

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help? I've just been trying to explain to my husband - who was brought up in a country town - what the houses were like in Villa Street. Does anyone know if I can access plans or diagrams. Did they have attics does anyone know? I don't think they were big enough. I...
  3. M

Pure Nostalgia

Went home to Brum a few weeks ago, and standing all alone behind the Museum & Art Gallery, was an old custard and blue bus. I think it said Pheasey Estate on the front. I believe there was some filming going on a bit further away, for something or other. The old leather barrier was drawn...
  4. M

Sculpture Fountain

Hi, Went back home to Brum recently to see the new library and noticed they had got rid of the lovely fountain with all the faces and the water coming out of the mouths - used to look great in the winter when the water froze. What's been going on? There seems to be a naff looking three figure...
  5. M

Jack Partridge - Royal Engineers

Thought I'd post this as I think my Dad looks quite handsome in this photo from when he was in Jerusalem in 1941. This was sent to his fiancee, my Mother and was signed "from your sheik in the sand". Jack Partridge 1920 - 2005 R.I.P.
  6. M

Anton Lesser

He went to Moseley Grammar School. He is one of our most in demand actors at present, plenty of theatre,TV, films, and loads of radio, especially Book at Bedtime on Radio 4. Born 1952. I met him when I joined The Crescent Theatre. The first night I was there he an I were paired off to do an...
  7. M

Arley Barley

My Dad always used these words when it meant to surrender or give up. Is this Birmingham do we know? He came from Aston/Lozells
  8. M

Perry Beeches Secondary School

Was anyone else unfortunate enough to attend this school in the 1960's when Mr Edge was the headmaster?
  9. M

Smith Charles Surrender

Does ANYONE know why my great grandfather had this middle name? No-one still alive in the family knows, I think he must have kept it quiet - as you would! I wonder if it was a Quaker name? Any ideas anyone? Thanks Mary
Back