• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Anton Lesser

Maryd

Exiled Brummie
He went to Moseley Grammar School. He is one of our most in demand actors at present, plenty of theatre,TV, films, and loads of radio, especially Book at Bedtime on Radio 4. Born 1952.

I met him when I joined The Crescent Theatre. The first night I was there he an I were paired off to do an improvisation , he was my husband and we did a scene about adultery, and I can only say it was magical, and I must say, although I went on to do a bit of semi professional acting work, nothing quite compared to that experience, although no-one ever saw it. He then went off to University and next time I saw him was at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford.

By the way, Martin Shaw was also a member of the Crescent Theatre, slightly before my time.

Oh, and don't forget Trevor Eve, of "Waking The Dead", he was born in Birmingham.

Back