• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. L

James Robert Srawley & Louisa Elizabeth Srawley (nee Yarnall) of B'ham & Warwickshire

Hope I've posted this in the correct place! I am trying to find where James Robert Srawley, his wife Louisa Elizabeth Srawley (nee Yarnall) & their family were living after 1939. Up until 1939, the Electoral Registers have them living at 47 Kenelm Road, Small Heath but the Registration...
  2. L

Hannah's Greetings Card Wholesalers, Lozells

I'm trying to trace Hannah's Greetings Card Wholesalers of Lozells, who I understand had premises off Lozells Road, maybe in the vicinity of Burbury Street. My mother worked there in the early 1950's, until 1955. If anyone can tell me the address of their premises & any other information about...
  3. L

William Henry Gardner Born About 1892 - WW1 South Staffordshire Regiment

Can someone help please with information about William Henry Gardner. The information I have is: * Born about 1892, place unknown. * Father George Gardner, boot finisher, died before 24 April 1916. * Served in the South Staffordshire Regiment during WW1 & may have been in the regular Army...
  4. L

Sadkie Family

My ancestors were the Sadkie family & I wonder whether anyone has any connection with them or knows anything about them? The family were: Hyman Sadkie, born about 1854 in Russian Poland.* Rosa Sadkie (nee Grachow), born about 1853, also in Russian Poland (his wife, they were married in about...
  5. L

Banks/Bankes/Bank Road, Small Heath, Birmingham

My grandfather was John ("Jack") Srawley born 1886 in Birmingham. In his WWI Service Record, my grandfather's home address is given as 248 Banks Road, 248 Bankes Road & 248 Bank Road, Small Heath, Birmingham. I assume they are all the same residence but don't know whether these are simple...
  6. L

Quiney family of Burbury Street, Lozells

Hello all. This is my first post so I hope someone can help. My father is Dennis Quiney born 1922, twin brother of Ron & son of Albert & Dora Quiney. Attached is a photograph of them (left to right are Dennis, Dora, Ron & Albert), probably taken in the early 1940's because the Anderson shelter...
Back