• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. mysterymermaid

Womens Hospital History and development

I have just found that one too, thanks so much, I am searching for one as I knew them both back in 1973 but recon they are few and far between
  2. mysterymermaid

Womens Hospital History and development

Has anyone got a photo of Dr Joe Jordan he was wonderful when my third Baby was delivered and would like photos to keep of him and also Dr John Kelly..
  3. mysterymermaid

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

One of my favourite treats at Christmas.
  4. mysterymermaid

Hoggs Farm

Yes I did remember the Hewitt's name lay thinking about it before I fell asleep, I used to buy eggs and milk from the other small holders but the Andrews family had long left then, it's just been sold again seen it advertised. We bought a new house in the seventies just off Frankley Lane...
  5. mysterymermaid

Pubs Of The Past

Some of my moms family lived in Kyrwicks Lane, remember she used to send Christmas cards, think their surname may have been Kettle but not sure
  6. mysterymermaid

Bingley Hall

I remember that someone found one but I was very young can not remember who
  7. mysterymermaid

Pubs Of The Past

The Tardebigge has a similar Tower not far from where I live
  8. mysterymermaid

Hingeston Street

Not many spirits mean any harm, would probably reacted to the break in?
  9. mysterymermaid

Bingley Hall

Beautiful photo's thanks so much for sharing them
  10. mysterymermaid

Ley Hill Estate Northfield TV Documentary??

Re: Ley Hill Estae Northfield TV Documentary?? So you must have lived opposite the Hopes, Susan was my age think she had a brother? The Biddles I remember they had relations in Appleton House, Michael Matthews married my friend Carole, she moved from Bradwell House to not far away from you when...
  11. mysterymermaid

Ley Hill Estate Northfield TV Documentary??

Re: Ley Hill Estae Northfield TV Documentary?? I moved there in 1956 and also attended Ley Hill Primary, you must have lived by Kevin Pike and Barry Stansfield?
  12. mysterymermaid

Greenmore College

My Cousin Kevin Bablewski went to Greenmore College, the imigrated to Canada then on to California in the late 50's early 60's.
  13. mysterymermaid

Pubs Of The Past

Thanks so much Phil, I would love one that included the back to back cottages where my Nan and Grandad lived. I have been looking everywhere for some coronation party photo's, I was The Queen of Hearts in fancy dress but I was less than 3 years old and can only just about remember dropping the...
  14. mysterymermaid

Pubs Of The Past

What a lovely thread, have been browsing this one since this morning when I have had 5 minutes, I was really hoping there would be a photo of The British Oak, My Nan lived in the back to back houses houses next to it, I can remember they had a monkey there when I was very young.
  15. mysterymermaid

Lodge Hill Cemetery

Its so sad to see them, I get a lump in my throat every time I visit.
  16. mysterymermaid

Brandwood End Cemetery

What excellent news! my Dad passed over in 1986 and the service was in the red brick chapel as was all of my other family that were buried there before him, It hurts every time I visit and see the chapels in such a state. It will be wonderful to see the loo's and other building back in use for...
  17. mysterymermaid

Brandwood End Cemetery

As far as I know the 1st one of my close relatives to be buried was my Grandad Roland Bolton from Pershore Road Stirchley he passed over on 3rd August 1939 my Nan and Uncle are in the same grave. My Mother and Father, and lots of Aunts and Uncles are also buried at Brandwood End
  18. mysterymermaid

Catholic Schools

Archbishop Mastertons had a dark brown uniform
  19. mysterymermaid

Brandwood End Cemetery

I find it heartbreaking to see the beautiful red brick chapel looking so sad and neglected, surey there is something that can be done??
  20. mysterymermaid

Broken crisps & biscuits

I would love to find out more about the crisp factory that was in Westminster Road Selly Park. Going back to broken biscuits I am sure Asda still sell them if not it has only been in the last few years they have stopped selling them.
Back