• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. K

baker family

Hi Brian, I don't recall any of my Baker family living in Lengard Stret. Only know they lived in Shakespear Road. Also Astonian I never heard of anyone in my Baker family who was in a bomb explosion. Thanky anyway Kath
  2. K

Feeney family

there is a Thomas Feeney birth registered birmingham Dec. 1848 vol. 16 page 254 on BMD
  3. K

Icknield Street Alert!

Thanks Max and Mikejee for the info on H. Walker. Even a small bit of information such as having Mr. Walkers first name (Harry) is good so now I know the full name of the person my grandfather worked for and also the dates correspond. Thanks Kath
  4. K

Icknield Street Alert!

max, where did picture of The Gate Licensee H Walker come from and what year. My Grandfather worked for Mr. Walker in the 1920's. Was there any information on Mr. Walker? Kath
  5. K

Hunt marriage request

Re: Hunts marriage request Re: Hunts marriage request I also cannot find marriage, but I did come across a birth on LDS site for a Charles Hunt christened 24 April 1864 St. Peter, Droitwich, Worcester, England Father: Thomas Mother: Maryanne
  6. K

Rose Baker

can anyone help me find James and wife Rose Baker on electorial rolls in birmingham. They would be on the 1915 1920 1925 1930 rolls.
  7. K

Mann Clara Rose

Re: Clara Rose Mann There is also the 1881 census address 19 Bowling Green Terrace, Coventry Road, Aston, Warwick, England Robert Lees Head 54 Gold Cutter Born Aston, Mary A Lees Wife 47 " Thomas Lees Son 21 Printers Roll...
  8. K

pugh birmingham

Hi Glitterwings If Maria's first name is Ann then there is an Ann age 6 and a Sarah age 8 on the 1841 census Parents Humphrey a carpenter and mother Sarah living on Brewery Street in Coventry, Warwickshire
  9. K

Gwilliam Harry (Henry?)

Re: Harry (Henry?) Gwilliam Theodore. I think the Henry Gwilliam you are looking for born approx. 1886 is the Henry Gwilliam age 15 Hay Trusser, son of Benjamin Gwilliam on 1901 Census for Droitwich. I belive he married Laur Elizabeth Hughes as reg. March 1907 Vol 6C page 463. The other Henry...
  10. K

baker family

Albion I typed that wrong. Sarah Baker was Esther (De Vere) Mucklow's grandmother. So many names it gets confusing. Kath
  11. K

baker family

albion Thanks so much for your help. Having all these addressess is really good. It certainly helps track a family between census records. Sarah Baker was Esther (Baker) Mucklow's mother so she could be the one at 10 Cambridge Place , Shakespear Road in 1935 but I don't know the other one. Too...
  12. K

baker family

Thanks Albion address for my Hunts is correct, 27 long acre, as I have birth certificate for one of the children at that address. You say Sarah & Alfred are at 8 Roxton Place, Shakespear Rd. in 1939 and the other names 1925/30. Is Baker listed as all their last names. There were several Bakers...
  13. K

baker family

thanks Albion That sounds like right one for 1935 I guess I could have the wrong census for 1891 or else she used both names. I wonder if she is still on Shakespear Road with the Hunts in 1939. I will need the electorial rolls for Sarah Baker for 1925, 1920 and 1912. I am also looking for her...
  14. K

baker family

Hi Barrie, Thanks for helping. Is there a Shakespear Road or is it the same as Street? I think it's in Ladywood. I believe George and Laura Hunt moved in with her in the 30's. Mary Baker is my great grandmother. I have her on the 1891 census age 29 living at 3 Hse, 4crt Holland Street but I...
  15. K

baker family

Hi Can anyone look up the electoria rolls for me. I am looking for Mary Baker in the electorial rolls for 1930 to 1945. She was living in Shakespear Street, Birmingham. Kath
  16. K

Malin At 14 Church Lane

Thank you Mike. It's good to see documentation to add to one's family history. Thomas Malin was my grandfather. They had the fish and chip shop to at least end of 1941 and I think sold it sometime 1942.
  17. K

Malin At 14 Church Lane

i wonder if anyone could find my grandparents at 14 church lane in aston. My dad said they owned a fish and chip shop from about 1938 to 1941. would be interested to see what names were at that address in those times. Thank you
  18. K

Canada 1891 census free online

Thanks Bren. I live in Canada and didn't know of this update. It is good we have other people searching things and let us know. I will now go back and update with my husbands family line adding the 1891 census for them. This is far easier than having to go the the library and go on their...
  19. K

Canadian BMD records

Hi Mr Zippy (Dave) If you give me name, place and county you are looking for I will try some of the canadian sites for you.
  20. K

Canadian BMD records

Hi Canada is very slow in posting their genealogy on line. Googling "Ontario Marriages" gives you a link for early 1800's to 1912 for most couties in Ontario. You basically have to know what county they were married. If you know the particular county for the person you are looking for, then go...
Back