• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. M

Help find Tom merideths army records

I have been trying to find my uncles army records his name is Thomas meridiith he was in parachutes regiment he was a captain in regiment. I tried myself but cannot find it. Could any one help please
  2. M

The Garrison Pub

I visited the new peaky blinders in digbeth,and while their i approached member of staff to ask why they had not tried to buy or rent the garrison pub.the garrison pub in garrison lane is mentioned in peaky blinders show on tv , it is also mentioned in gangs of birmingham stories. They said they...
  3. M

bullock street nechells

Does anyone know why this road was called bullock street as my mothers maiden name was bullock and i was wondering if it had anything to do with our descendants kind regards reg morris
  4. M

bullock john prison sentence

my grandfather john bullock was sentenced to 1 months hard labour at birmingham police court on 18th april 1912 for assaulting his wife alice rebecca bullock. How would i found out his prison record and where he was imprisoned at. Many thanks reg morris
  5. M

Old tram routes in birmingham

can any one tell me please if trams ran from nechell green down rocky lane to aston cross its on the number 8 route. I always thought my granddad died on tram in rocky lane,but someone said it could not be a tram because they never run down there only buses.my granddad john bullock died 6 jan...
  6. M

Trafalgar road moselely

I have a friend living in yorkshire who was born at 23-25 trafalgar road moseley in 1930. Just resent he visited birmingham to see his old haunts. It was a bit disappointing to see his house of birth had been demolished. He was wondering why nos 23 to 25 had been demolished, when other around it...
  7. M

BULLOCK FAMILY ASTON YEWTREE Road

hi i was wondering if anyone was related to bullock family in aston.they lived at 10 yewtree road for about 50 years i have a cousin in australia who is trying to find any relatives as he is doing family tree my grandfather was john bullock he married alice rebecca crowton. He as traced...
  8. M

how did my uncle die

My uncle rifleman william alfred morris of the 9th batallion of cameronian scotish rifles died in normandy 6th august 1944 service number14629880. Is there any way to find out what happened to him to cause death/. Thanks mr r morris
  9. M

Dares Brewery

I remember a Dares brewery about 50 years ago. i dont remember exact location but it was somewhere near birmingham town centre. They made a lovely bitter. i remember going there when i was an electrical contracting apprentice. reg
  10. M

Plaza Handsworth

I remember seeing rolloing stones at the plaza in handsworth. I also saw joe brown there he was great on his guitar, he could put it behind his back and play it.i saw lots of other stars there it was a great night club.it must be about 45 to 50 years ago. Regards reg morris
  11. M

gothic terrace clifton road

Does anyone have any photographs of Gothic Terrace in Clifton Road Aston . i was born there in 1942 at number 16 i would love to see any photos Thank You Reg Morris
  12. M

paxton road hockley lodge hill

does anyone remember paxton road and the little houses at the back i cant remember the name my relations lived there winnie andf jimmy davies and her sister cissie nee benton my name is ann hughes formely benton
  13. M

rifleman william alfred morris

My Uncle Rifleman William Alfred Morris (14629880 ) 9th Battalion Cameronia Scotish Rifles At The Age Of 19 Died In The Normandy Landing On The 6th August 1944. He Died In His First Day Of Action.He Is Buried In Brouy War Cemetary In Calvados France (grave Reference 1v.a2) If You Ever Visit...
  14. M

Wavell Road

My name is Reg Morris i lived in Wavell Road with my mother Jessie ,father Reg ,sister Violet ,and brother Billy.We moved into house when it was first built aprox 1948. Families i remember are Tomans,Roberts,Fishers.Chylas. Burgess.Hughes,Boltons,Sheehans,Battles,Proberts,Alders...
Back