• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. K

William Noon-Greenwich Pensioner?

Hello, Does anyone know how a chap(an ag lab) born in Dunchurch 1793, ends up doing service in Devon? Was there a connection between Warwickshire and Devon? I know he was a private and then a corporal - thanks to the Baptism records for his children - and that he was noted as a Greenwich...
  2. K

Killed by one of the first motor vehicles...c1911

So i am trying to help my aunt with her tree and she has just given me something sad ..but interesting. Apparently her uncle Donald Leslie Lock(e) born 1903 in Shirley Heath was killed aged 8 by one of the first motor vehicles.Would something like this have made the paper? I have the...
  3. K

Obits...

Hi, So would it common practice for family to place death notices/obits in the paper...or is this a more recent thing? I'm thinking of family members who died in 1945,1959 and 1968 Thanks:)
  4. K

Electoral Roll Lookup: Parr

Hi, I have already found the following information but wonder if someone could help with the years after 1920 and perhaps confirm(?) the address for c1908(though he would have been with wife no.1 Alice): Henry Parr: 1908 Living at 814 Coventry Road, Small Heath (ref 1908 Port...
  5. K

Reeves: Electoral Roll lookup please

Hi, I wonder if sks could look for my grandparents(Frank Alfred and Lizzie Reeves) in the Electoral roll AFTER 1939 . The details from 1939 show: 1939 Acocks Green 436 432 R O Reeves Frank Alfred 230 CATESWELL ROAD 1939 Acocks Green 436 433 Rw Dw Reeves Lizzie 230 CATESWELL ROAD...
  6. K

Lookup please...

Hi,, Can sks see if there are any (christening) records for Catherine (c 1869) and Elizabeth (c1871) Viggers..I know their parents (Eli and Catherine) married at St Martins in 1866 so am hoping they used the same church when kids were born:) Many thanks, Kaz
  7. K

Charles Reeves

Hi, I knew from census info that the Reeves family were connected to a shop...though mistakenly i thought it was just Mrs Sarah Reeves. Anyway, while searching on Ancestry i found a reference to Charles Reeves (Sarahs hubby)at 20, Whitehead street,Aston (my chap,right address) in the 1879 PO...
  8. K

Walter Parr and Co

Grateful for a lookup of this chap. Have found an 1883 ad. for 61 Gower St, Lozells for Walter and am hoping to confirm it/find out more info. Thanks in advance, Kaz
  9. K

Electoral Roll Birmingham...

Hello, Is there sks who could help me with a lookup on the Electoral roll please(1925 onwards...) . I am trying to trace May Parr who married Fred Everton in 1925. Grateful for any help in tracing this couple. Many thanks, Kaz
  10. K

Reeves Ice cream Shop?

Hi, I wonder if sks can help me. It seems that my Grandmother used to own/run an icecream shop - probably near the factories. This would have been 1936/38. Would there have been any record of this business? Sorry i don't have any more detail but am relying on my mothers memory(!) and...
  11. K

Reeves and Evans family

Researching the Reeves family originally from WillenhalL, Staffs but settled in Aston . Family were involved in Jewellery and Gun Making Business. Names include Charles Adams Reeves married to Sarah Posten, His father George Reeves married to Martha Adams and - of course - lots of children.They...
  12. K

Parr Family.(updated jan 2005)

Am researching the Parr family - Walter born Bristol, wife Lizzie born Lancs and children Bruce and May born Birmingham. Have managed to find family info in 81, 91 and 01 census but still looking for Walter in 1871. Walter was a Tailor/Clothier and wife was according to the 1901 census a...
  13. K

Whitehead Street lookup , please

Hello, I would be grateful if someone could look for the Reeves family on Whitehead St -hopefully there should be some at no20. Many thanks, Kaz
Back