• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Reeves: Electoral Roll lookup please

kaz

master brummie
Hi,

I wonder if sks could look for my grandparents(Frank Alfred and Lizzie Reeves) in the Electoral roll AFTER 1939 .

The details from 1939 show:
1939 Acocks Green 436 432 R O Reeves Frank Alfred 230 CATESWELL ROAD
1939 Acocks Green 436 433 Rw Dw Reeves Lizzie 230 CATESWELL ROAD
1939 Acocks Green 436 434 Rw - Reeves Mary Ann Ellen 230 CATESWELL ROAD

Many thanks,

Kaz:)

Kaz

Nothing listed after 1939 for Frank Alfred Reeves, neither Lizzie Reeves or Mary Ann Ellen Reeves.

Williamjukes.

Hi Williamjukes,

Thank you so much for helping.
Mary Ann was the mother so i guess she may have passed away - though would have thought Frank and Lizzie would be around (?).
Having just checked my records i see that the family name was registered as Beeves in 1935 - Is there any chance the name was mistranscribed?

Thanks again,

Kaz

in 1945 theres a mary a e reeves living 165 sladefield rd. washwood heath

also with her at that address alice m wilkins and john constable

there are a lot of mary reeves, mary a reeves, frank reeves so not sure if any of those are yours. no lizzie reeves after 1939. perhaps frank and lizzie moved outside the area.

A Reeves family lived in Charles Edward Rd, Mom & Dad, Thomas, Raymond. Agnes and another daughter whose name i can`t remember this was pre-WW2 and on to at least 1956, hope this helps. Len.

Thanks Len - unfortunately don't recognise the names but you never know when you'll find another connection, so i'll jot them down!!
Remember my mum said that their house was bombed during the war and that for years after they lived in odd places....such as someone's garage and in the local swimming pool(i guess in the changing rooms??) - but still i was hoping that hadn't moved out of the area!

Back