• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Reeves and Evans family

kaz

master brummie
Researching the Reeves family originally from WillenhalL, Staffs but settled in Aston . Family were involved in Jewellery and Gun Making Business. Names include Charles Adams Reeves married to Sarah Posten, His father George Reeves married to Martha Adams and - of course - lots of children.They lived along Whitehead St for many years where Sarah Reeves apparently kept shop.

Also looking for the Evans Family . Names include William henry Evans and children especially William James Evans - carpenter employer. His daughter Mary Ann Ellen married Alfred Reeves - son Of Charles Adams Reeves.The Adams family were at 73, Aston Road for many years.

Grateful for any info on these 2 families,

Kaz

Reeves

Kia Ora
Do you happen to have Edward Reeves who married (I think) Sarah Christopher 29 July 1847 St Martins? They appear to have had at least 3 children
Frederick 1852
Thomas 1853
Caroline 1857
All birth dates approximate!
I'd be intersted in exploring further if these names are familiar.
Regards
Marlene in NZ

Reeves

Hi Marlene,

Sorry, I haven't come across an Edward Reeves in my family - yet!

Kaz

And I was hoping for an Easter miracle Kaz!
Oh well I live in hope!
Marlene

Re: Reeves

Hi Marlene I have an Edward Reeves born 1811 in Kings Norton worcestershire, father was Thomas Reeves and Mary Aston, is this the Edward Reeves you have in your tree?
chrisy

Back