• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. P

Preedy Alfred Tobacconist

Hello Jackey what year did you work please?, yes was great working there!, met so many people.
  2. P

Preedy Alfred Tobacconist

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a picture of the actual Preedys shop in Harborne as I worked there in the late 70s thank you would very much appreciate it Pam
  3. P

The harborne Pub Song!

Can Barabara A private message me please i cant seem to find your reply to this thread thank you
  4. P

Teddy Sandfords cafe smethwick

Hi Ron, awwwww thankyou for sharing these memories:) , have you any pictures at all? as you can see by reading this thread my grand dad and father visited this cafe often mayb you may remember them my grand dad Charles Jones was a very big bloke and did scouting for the albion and the villa also...
  5. P

Harborne

Hi, im trying to find out how old the property was i grew up in it was on gordon road .as it always been called gordon road do you know ? and of corse any other info would be brilliant thankypou
  6. P

lordswood maternaty hospital

Hi, does anyone have any info or even pics on this maternity hospital in lordswood road harborne, would realy appreiciate it thankyou :)
  7. P

Bogarts

Hi, John yes i think bogarts was upstairs n the beer keller down lol, i remember the beer keller had wooden benches n strong lager lol, alot of hen nights was celebrated in there :)
  8. P

Bogarts

hi, does anyone remember this pub?, i went there in 79/80 with my friend Joanne Eaton who sadly tragicly died not long after then, we were thrown out as my friend decided to put er finger up at the bouncer lol great pub, when we could smoke n let our hair down n booze was cheap, if anyone has...
  9. P

zanzibar hurst street

Hi, Claire i dont realy know wasnt that ocearna? i never went there myself but my daughter did and she only went about 3 times lol
  10. P

ocearna hurst street

hi, has anyone got photos please also what was the name of the nightclub before it became ocearna?? would like photos of either pub awww hope someone can help me on this!!
  11. P

zanzibar hurst street

hi, does anyone remember this pub it was on hurst street opposite barracuda a few years back! has anyone got any pictures of this pub/club please? would love to see them please
  12. P

Rebecca`s nightclub Hagley road

sorry guys it was called The Romulas at the time i went in blush blush
  13. P

Think im getting a little mixed up then. i thought it was called rebeccas at that time ok so what was it called then or as it always been called liberty`s??
  14. P

The Wandering Minstral

Hi, astonite, thankyou for that info, another one bites the dust they say :(, yes i will take a look
  15. P

The Breedon Cross

Hi Liz, 79 and early 80`s, didn`t go in there after my friend was killed, also went in the Grant Arms!
  16. P

St Gabriel's Italian Church Deritend

Hi, ellbrown, just wondered where can i purchase this book please???
  17. P

Fox And Grapes city centre

Hi, im wondering if this is the pub i went in,in the late 70`s early 80`s, was it a hang out for bikers of that time??, did the side street on the left of the pub go up a hill??, anyone with info or pictures pleaseee
  18. P

Hi, anyone remember this nightclub in the 70`s/80`s, changed it`s name after to Liberty`s, i used to walk it there as i only lived in Harborne a couple mile away, i was yes a Poser at that time, all the Bowie and Roxy music songs hey?? if anyone with a picture when it was Rebecca`s please post...
  19. P

The Breedon Cross

Hi, i have located a picture of the Breadon Bar its the only one i can find, if anyone has any more pictures please would you kindly post them here, as it would mean alot to me thankyou
  20. P

The Breedon Cross

Hello Liz, yes i went in there myself and the disco upstairs ,as my mate was a biker do you remeber a fatal motorbike accident that happend outside there one evening?:(
Back