• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Rebecca`s nightclub Hagley road

pam m

master brummie
Hi, anyone remember this nightclub in the 70`s/80`s, changed it`s name after to Liberty`s, i used to walk it there as i only lived in Harborne a couple mile away, i was yes a Poser at that time, all the Bowie and Roxy music songs hey?? if anyone with a picture when it was Rebecca`s please post them or any info thankyou:)

rebeccas was never on the site now occupied by an asian restaurant, which was previousy occupied by Liberty's.

Attachments

• Akbars.JPG
    Akbars.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 3
Think im getting a little mixed up then. i thought it was called rebeccas at that time ok so what was it called then or as it always been called liberty`s??

pam m, it is now Akbars asian restaurant, it was Libertys and prior to that it was Romulus.

Attachments

• Quinton Hagley Rd Romulus.jpg
    Quinton Hagley Rd Romulus.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1
I think the Rebecca's brassarie entrance was in john bright street and the main club entrance was in Lower Severn Street.Pretty sure it became "Boogies" after that.

The man that bought liberty's also had a liberty's in Halesowen for a time, it had a big statue of liberty outside and they made him take it down and he took it to the Hagley rd on for a time . I met Tony at the one at Halesown it was just on the main rd before you turned up to Makro

the club in harborne was the romulus - for the northern soul fans - it was next door to the duck inn

rebecca's was in severn street, it had 3 floors if i remember rightly

Back