• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Breedon Cross

pam m

master brummie
Hi, i remeber goin to this pub as my friend used to drink there in the late 70s early 80`s, its situated on the corner of Lifford lane on the Pershore road down the road from Cottridge ,sadly its no longer there but the memories live on!! the pub was used by many bikers around that time,if anyone has any info/pictures i would love you to post them pleaseee:)

Its not there because it burned down!!

Hello Glynis, i havn`t been up to stirchley in few years so wasnt aware of the fire, is the actual building still there??,such a shame all these old buildings are sadly disappearing!!

The Breedon lay derilect for a number of years after a fire in the 90's, it was then demolished and as Liz says apartments were built and are called Breedon Court. It was a pub for bikers even in the 60's,my cousin used to ride into the car park on his Ariel Square Four posing away as was the norm in those days.

View attachment 59808

Me and my husband went there pretty much every week night, it was our local early to late 70s, Mick and Marcell Bugg run it then,
we made friends with a man who had been going in there since the early 50s, everybody knew him as Bill, he shared lots of memory's with us.

Me and my husband went there pretty much every week night, it was our local early to late 70s, Mick and Marcell Bugg run it then,
we made friends with a man who had been going in there since the early 50s, everybody knew him as Bill, he shared lots of memory's with us.
Hello Liz, yes i went in there myself and the disco upstairs ,as my mate was a biker do you remeber a fatal motorbike accident that happend outside there one evening?:(

Hi, i have located a picture of the Breadon Bar its the only one i can find, if anyone has any more pictures please would you kindly post them here, as it would mean alot to me thankyou

Cotteridge Breedon Bar.jpg

Hello Liz, yes i went in there myself and the disco upstairs ,as my mate was a biker do you remeber a fatal motorbike accident that happend outside there one evening?:(
Hello Pam no i'm afraid i don't, what years did you go there?

Me too but a few years before you early to late 70s, left you a message,on your profile

Last edited by a moderator:
Back