• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

zanzibar hurst street

pam m

master brummie
hi, does anyone remember this pub it was on hurst street opposite barracuda a few years back! has anyone got any pictures of this pub/club please? would love to see them please

I think Zanzibar was the same if i remember rightly, it had a tropical themed room, a kind of stone age one, and a modern dance/hip hop room at the back, it was (although i may be wrong) the first club to do that, followed later by Oceana, it was previously Ritzy i think and some other names, not quite sure, been a few years since i went out in that part of town lol

I was right, it did used to be Ritzy, just asking mates now if they have any old pics floating around of it for you.

Wasn't it was the Locarno that had the themed rooms ? - the 'modern dance' room at the rear was the Bali Hai room. Spent many a Friday night / Saturday early morning in there.

Ian.

Ha Ha yes Ian there was a separate membership to the Bali Hai I think........it's all a bit burred now...lol

As a doorman for Mecca at The Tower Ballroom and occasionally the Locarno, I can vouch that the back-room at The Locarno used be The Bali Hai.

Back