• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. H

Caesar Jenkyns Small Heath Captain

Does anyone know whether there are living relatives of the great Welsh international with the unusual christian name or where his last resting place is? He passed on in 1941 in Birmingham
  2. H

New gallery barwick st 1893

I am trying to identify where this buisness was situated in Barwick St at the back of The Grand Hotel. Does anyone have access to a Kellys from this era? Or does anyone have any info on the New Gallery what it was used for for instance. I know Frederick Rinder held an important meeting in the...
  3. H

Miller craddock aston villa 1948-1951

Ladies and Gentlemen. I am tracing the sporting history of the above player. Very popular with the fans for his all out effort in every game he tragically had to give up the game with a serious heart condition when at the peak of his powers. Miller passed on in 1960 at the age of 33. You would...
  4. H

J Coley Coal Merchant Handsworth in the 1920s

Anyone know anything about this family who apparently were well known in the area
  5. H

The Clansman New Street

Anyone remember it! It had awful Worthington E on tap but the juke box was excellent. Deep Purple and bands of that ilk. I think it became Bogarts and had live bands but didnt last too long.
  6. H

Great Colmore Street

Does anyone know where Great Colmore Street was situated in the city centre.I assume it was nearby Colmore Row.Are there any pictures available?
  7. H

Kings Hall Market

Where exactly was The Kings Hall Market in the lower end of Corporation Street. I remember my mother taking us there in the fifties
  8. H

The Breedon Bar

Anybody got pictures of The Breedon Bar which in the late eighties (when Bob Moore was in charge) was considered one of the top music bars in the UK
  9. H

Suckling Family of Balsall Heath

Longbridge Road Alfred, Verena(Wife) Annie,Muriel and May(daughters) any information would be welcome,
  10. H

Longbridge Road Balsall Heath

Does anyone living in this district remember The Sucklings who lived at 41 close to Sherbourne road. Alfred Suckling was my grandfather and he had a buisness from the thirties to the fifties manufacturing Ginger Beer. This was at 2 Longbridge Rd. Does anyone have pictures of Longbridge Rd...
Back