• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. H

Caesar Jenkyns Small Heath Captain

Mike I think it was Caesar's son who shared the same name.
  2. H

Thanks for that info Pat. I will follow it up next week when I have a bit of time.
  3. H

Thank you Mike that information will be most useful. I don't live in Birmingham now but I should think that Harborne would be the most likely cemetery as helved in Ladywood.Next time I am in the city I will have a look in the new library at the records for Harborne and see what I can find
  4. H

Does anyone know whether there are living relatives of the great Welsh international with the unusual christian name or where his last resting place is? He passed on in 1941 in Birmingham
  5. H

Villa memories No 25 Tallest and Hardest Villa player (1891-1968)

Barson was 5'11. Tom Ridell was 6'4 and Peter Crouch is now the tallest at 6'7
  6. H

Head Post Office (Sorting Office) Birmingham

British Railways Universal Traction Engine I think it was.
  7. H

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Anybody remember where Thursday's was situated. Was it where La Dolce Vita and Romeo and Juilets stood?
  8. H

New gallery barwick st 1893

Thanks yet again Polypops Wonderful!
  9. H

New gallery barwick st 1893

I am trying to identify where this buisness was situated in Barwick St at the back of The Grand Hotel. Does anyone have access to a Kellys from this era? Or does anyone have any info on the New Gallery what it was used for for instance. I know Frederick Rinder held an important meeting in the...
  10. H

Miller craddock aston villa 1948-1951

Did you see Miller play Kembar? Alex Massie rated him very promising.
  11. H

Thanks for that jennyann. John Lerwill's site is known to me but would not have this kind of information I am afraid.
  12. H

I have obtained a Villa Supporters Club Card from 1956. The club was operated from a pub called 'The Guild ' in Witton Road/Lane. Was anyone a member and can advise me how it was run? The card shows George Edwards as President. George was later a newsagent after he retired from Villa
  13. H

Thanks Willey. Excellent contribution re Miller. It was unfortunate that he had to contend with the great Trevor Ford at centre forward. Trefor (His real Welsh name) was worth a lot of money to the Villa Directors and therefore got preference in selection. I intend to produce a booklet about...
  14. H

Shawcross It would appear there is a problem with your mail account. I have tried to contact you three times but the mail program rejects it. Any ideas?
  15. H

Well Shawcross that is very good of you. I am doing my research at this present time. If you would be good enough to mail me at [email protected] with anything you recall about Miller such as his performance on the field, whether he was a pleasant lad to interview etc etc I would be most grateful.
  16. H

Ladies and Gentlemen. I am tracing the sporting history of the above player. Very popular with the fans for his all out effort in every game he tragically had to give up the game with a serious heart condition when at the peak of his powers. Miller passed on in 1960 at the age of 33. You would...
  17. H

Balsall Heath.

Is this where you were asking for This is not Orchard Terrace. It is, however, Longbridge Road. Just before demolition I think which was around 1968. My grandparents Alfred and Verena Suckling lived directly opposite the A35 van.
  18. H

Whisky A Go Go

Unfortunately none of the attachments will open due to the site being hacked. I saw Charlie and Inez Fox at the Whisky and either Steam Packet or Shotgun Express (always get those two bands mixed up) it was a memorable time for me and the start of my clubbing experiences
  19. H

Golden Eagle- Hill Street

Lyn Although I have been off the forum for some time I did send you a picture of the Golden Eagle just before it was demolished in 1984. Apparently you were going to forward it to Carl chinn. John
  20. H

City Centre pubs

Where exactly was The Iron Horse in Stephenson St. Was the entrance close to the Real Ale Bar at the back of the Midland Hotel. The Parasol was The Alahambra renamed.I think it was the first underground pub in the city centre. Does anyone know of a photo of The Iron Horse?
Back