• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Footie_lass

1. Footie_lass

St James The Less Church Ashted

Thanks for this great thread I’ve just learnt my great gran parents married here in the early 1900’s ”Charles Hazlewood & Alice”
  2. Footie_lass

Grantham

Thank you it's such an interesting read :) my nan spoke fondly of walking up to the farm on a Sunday to see her grandparents
  3. Footie_lass

Grantham

Hi yes thats my family violet is my great granmother
  4. Footie_lass

Arthur

Yes the “early” generations seem easy. There's only two of violets children left sadly but the great aunty has reached out recently to say she has a family Bible with the women line in it she's giving it to me Christmas as the next generation. I'm aware of her parents Louis & Ellen (who my nan...
  5. Footie_lass

Blundell

Hi all, Great thread the bit about disappearing seems very true! My farther was a Blundell sadly not part of my life and so researching it have connected with family members via DNA matches have heard the story from others about banardos & Canada. I've been thinking of reaching out to discover...
  6. Footie_lass

Arthur

Hi, I am following the family line of my nans mother Violet Arthur I know little of the family although learning more through the censors and going back a generation at a time. Any tips would be great
  7. Footie_lass

Primrose Hill Farm Hole or Holme Farm

Hello I’ve just come across this post. I’m really interested in the history. My ancestor William Grantham lived on the farm & I believe (although not yet sure) his dad Richard Grantham also lived there before passing when William seems to have taken over the farm at this point.
  8. Footie_lass

Grantham

Hi all, Looking at the Grantham family back to the 1700’s quite an interesting family so far. Seemingly lived at one point on “hole farm” kings Norton for a few generations. William Grantham was on the farm and I believe his farther Richard Grantham too (although he’s the point I’m stuck) Thanks
  9. Footie_lass

Hazlewood

Hello all, I’m researching the Hazlewood family from Birmingham (small heath in 1920s) any info greatful. They aren’t the best with keeping records correct! Thanks
Back