• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Grantham

Footie_lass

Brummie babby
Hi all,

Looking at the Grantham family back to the 1700’s quite an interesting family so far. Seemingly lived at one point on “hole farm” kings Norton for a few generations. William Grantham was on the farm and I believe his farther Richard Grantham too (although he’s the point I’m stuck)

Thanks

I can see a couple of William Grantham's, father and son (the younger a farmer in Westheath 1881), ancestors of John Frederick Grantham (husband of Violet Arthur ?). The elder William's (b1818) father appears to have been a Henry. Henry's father may have been a Richard.

Have a read of this thread you might find it interesting

Have a read of this thread you might find it interesting
Thank you it's such an interesting read :) my nan spoke fondly of walking up to the farm on a Sunday to see her grandparents

When John Frederick and his sister, Charlotte Jane, were baptised, their father, John's, address was listed as Hole Farm.

John's address was also listed as Hole Farm for both his marriages, as it was for his sister, Mary Elizabeth, when she married.

And John's sister-in-law married a carter who was working there.

Back