• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Arthur

Footie_lass

Brummie babby
Hi,

I am following the family line of my nans mother Violet Arthur I know little of the family although learning more through the censors and going back a generation at a time. Any tips would be great

Just be careful with your research, mistakes can happen. And it's always nice to have corroboration, not always possible though.

Violet's Arthur ancestors seem pretty straight forward for 3 or 4 generations back to Ilmington, Warks.

Yes the “early” generations seem easy. There's only two of violets children left sadly but the great aunty has reached out recently to say she has a family Bible with the women line in it she's giving it to me Christmas as the next generation.

I'm aware of her parents Louis & Ellen (who my nan had a picture of in her home)

If possible look at original copies. Transcripts often contain errors (a great aunt Julia is transcribed as India - I can see why as the handwriting is awful).

Back