• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by dznee

1. D

Courtyards and yards of brum

Right in the city, safe for kids and a community spirit. With a few tweaks of course. Like a layer of breeze blocks between houses, more toilets and three floors. Better than living in a flat. Special thanks to Mikegee for the brilliant deduction in finding Carey's court , they should build...
  2. D

Map of park st

Mikejee, sorry to be awkward but can you tell me where it says Carey's court is, as I would like to go and visit the place, well as close as I can get.
  3. D

Map of park st

Thank you so much that's so helpful as I thought Carey's court would be off Carr's lane
  4. D

Map of park st

Would anyone have an old map showing the courts before the railway was built. I am looking for 11, court park st and vale court. Also Carey's court in moor st. Thanks
  5. D

Gosney Arthur

Hello Alberta, I still can't believe you found them after the scant information I gave. I spent hours, days, weeks, tying to find them. I wish I could do something in return, though I have got the names and addresses of all children buried at key hill cemetery who died from whooping cough...
  6. D

Gosney Arthur

Thank you Maurice, for looking that up. In 1891, Leeds, was Arthur Gosney, 24 yrs, boiler maker Frances, wife 26 yrs and Tom 6 months In 1901, london, Arthur Gosney, 34 yrs, boiler maker Francis, 36 yrs and John 10 yrs and Eliza 3 yrs The children should be Tom and Elsie In 1911, Yorkshire...
  7. D

Overlay Map

They are actually very good, will keep me busy for the next few weeks. I love old maps Thanks for all your help.
  8. D

Overlay Map

Aahh found it, that is brilliant, thanks. I wondered if the old photos survived that the Germans took before they bombed Birmingham.
  9. D

Overlay Map

Thank you but where is the blue button, can anyone else get it on their computer.
  10. D

Overlay Map

Is there a free overlay map of Birmingham like the london one. It's almost impossible trying to find an old address with all the dual carriageways everywhere.
  11. D

Gosney Arthur

Could anybody kindly look on find my past, for him attending the quarter sessions in Yorkshire in 1894. He was born 1867, a boiler maker, had a wife Frances and 2 kids. In 1901 he changed the childrens first names and by 1911 all their surnames were changed to Fells. I'm thinking he may have a...
  12. D

Fell Thomas & Elsie, in Tynemouth

An update, I have found loads of info about the family now, thanks to Alberta. Also when I told my mother, she remembered years ago someone mentioned that Elsie, her mother in law, was once named GOSNEY. I can't find why they changed their name though. Mom thought Frances was running away from...
  13. D

Well that is amazing, talk about sherlock holmes. Having looked more closley, I think they are probably the family, just a pity we can't find elsie's birth, though they may have lied about her mothers maiden name. Thank you so much
  14. D

OH Thank you for trying to find them. I have been trying for years on and off. I thought they made a mistake in 1911 by saying Elsie had been born in London cause rotherham is next on the list to Rotherhithe and of their address of course. Elsie Ann married on 30.6.1917, aged 19 at birmingham...
  15. D

Re: please could you look up this family Thanks for trying to find them. I think she was born in Rotherham and her real name is Fells. But the look up without buying credits shows them as Fell.
Back