• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by APS

1. A

St. Silas School

Hi Glenda,your maiden name rings a bell in my memory.I think we were most likely in the same year at St Silas. My name on here APS stands for Anthony P Sartin.Other names I remember are Lyn Wright,Diane Bennett,Sheila Jones,Linda Buxton,Linda Danby. Perhaps some ring a bell for you.
  2. A

St. Silas School

Hi Brian I was friends with Lawson's brother Maxwell,have him in my Facebook friends.
  3. A

virus alert

I've just been all over their site and got no warnings even from the contact us link.
  4. A

hockley hill post office

I was in there Wednesday collecting a parcel. Was talking to the guy as there is a lot of hammering and banging going on inside. The collecting office which at moment is door far right is moving to door far left.
  5. A

Lozells

Wife and I used to live on Lozells road behind a Jewelers opposite a Fish and Chip shop. Cant remember exact address was about 1973.
  6. A

Group photos

Handsworth Technical School swimming team 1964 I think. Your truly 2nd from left backrow. Trophy is the Handsworth Shield.
  7. A

C & A Modes Corporation street

1966 my girlfriend at that time was 19 yrs old and she was so small she bought all her clothes in C & A childrens dept :)
  8. A

email formats

This page should help you also https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Getting_Started/Saving_a_document It's as jukebox says
  9. A

Wretham Road Handsworth

I went to Sunday School at that church in the 1950's,Lived opposite the bottom of Wretham Rd in Hunters Road. I haven't managed to find any photo's of Wretham Rd either. Had part time job at Stubbs grocery shop at top of Wretham Rd
  10. A

Where did you live

Born South Rd Nursing Home Smethwick 1949 110 Hunters Road Handsworth till 1965 Tintern House,Selcroft Ave, Harborne till married 1972 Houghton Rd Perry Barr Lozells Rd,Lozells Dora Road Handsworth The 1983 Perrott St Winson Green (still there)
  11. A

Quinton, Selcroft Avenue pre 1970's?

I think the extension of West Boulevard was at least mid to late 70's as I left when I got married in July 72 and it was not even started then. In Davids 2nd picture you can see the entrance top Brook Lane where a Warden Controlled complex was built on half of the allotments. My mother moved...
  12. A

Quinton, Selcroft Avenue pre 1970's?

My Mother,Brother and myself moved into the first block of flats in 1965,Selcroft avenue was not even laid as a proper road then and most flats were empty. I have no knowledge of what was there before hand.
  13. A

Victoria Law Courts

Astonian I have done jury service twice,once in Victoria Courts and 2nd time in QE court yet no other members of my family or even friends have been called to date. Much prefered Victoria courts even it it was more uncomfortable :)
  14. A

Bread Strike Of 1978

When the Bread strike was on I was a delivery driver moving new vehicles all over the country. I had a van to deliver to Edinburgh and one to bring back so after I swapped them I made for a bakery as they were not on strike up their and got as many as they would let me have and shared them...
  15. A

Elmdon Airport

I frequented the Buccaneer with a young lady many a time,she is now my wife of 40yrs :)
Back