• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

email formats

cresser

master brummie
Hi all,
Now I know nothing about pc`s, so any advice is very likely to go right over my head! ..... but here goes.
I am unemployed, and virtually every job application is done via internet/email. My problem is, I do not have Word, on my pc, only Open Office. I have recently tried to apply for a job requiring me to upload my cv, no problem so far, but my cv is in PDF format, and the employer wanted it in Worc.doc????? Is there a way I can do this. I think I`ve by now lost any chance of this one, but it will happen again. Any advice greatly appreciated - (although possibly not understood!). Cheers, cresser.:uncomfortableness:

It's a while since I used Open Office but if I remember correctly you can select 'Save As' instead of 'Save' in the file menu and then select MS Word 97/2000/XP (.doc)

It is YOUR CV so I dont see why the company wants it in Word format as they should not need to change it.

I think PDF should be fine for anyone getting a document like that.

A bit arrogant of them to expect everyone to have Word, it is quite expensive for the home user to buy it when there are free alternatives.

Thankyou all for your replies, I have now been able to keep one CV in Word.doc, and one in PDF, through your help. I really appreciate you all taking the time and trouble to offer advice, thanks again.
ps; I did actually email a cv via their web page - I`ve no idea why that was`nt good enough??
Cheers, cresser.:encouragement:

Back