• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Moseley Elizabeth

Slight variations in spelling are nothing to worry about, in the 19th century many people couldn't read or write so it would have been down to the person writing it to decide how a name was spelt and each different person may have spely it slighlt different.

I'm not certain how detailed your dna connection is but could it be through one of your other ancestral lines? Have you traced that connection back to someone in your family tree?
Yeah, I have 2 DNA connections, ancestry says 3/5th cousin, I think they are half sisters, same dad, different mom tho, that's the Moseley & Francis Joseph Morris, connection. . They are the only dna I have found in years. They all seen to be George or Charles Moseleys.
Nightmare.

The Dad to both is a

Ancestry , it's who I did my dna wishe was a war baby apparently, and never knew her dad, , her Great grandmother is the Emily Elizabeth , I referred to earlier, who is now, Annie Marie Moseley, & Francis Joseph Morris.
Xxx

Ancestry , it's who I did my dna with. she was a war baby apparently, and never knew her dad, , her Great grandmother is the Emily Elizabeth , I referred to earlier, who is now, Annie Marie Moseley, & Francis Joseph Morris.

I am confused. Emily Elizabeth and Annie Marie are 2 different people (sisters). So I am not sure what you mean by "now"

Going back over the messages in this thread I see that Ann Maria and Emily Elizabeth are the sisters of Charles Moseley (Toni's ancestor) which I should have remembered.

If there's dna connection to either lady obvious they're related though I'm not sure what info is being looked for.
I was struggling with Charles Moseleys, Mother really, as I had 2 trees, George Moseley & Ann Marie Durden,
George Moseley & Ann Marie Emporer. But the dna is via Moseley & Durden. If that makes sense, sorry.
Thank you.

I had got them mixed up, I'd married Emily Elizabeth off to Annie Marie's husband. Francis Joseph Morris.

I was struggling with Charles Moseleys, Mother really, as I had 2 trees, George Moseley & Ann Marie Durden,
George Moseley & Ann Marie Emporer. But the dna is via Moseley & Durden. If that makes sense, sorry.
Thank you.

George's wife (the mother of Charles) was Ann Maria Rose. They married 27 Aug 1865 at St Thomas, Bham.

However, if your DNA is through Moseley and Durden. There is a marriage of an Ann Durden to a Charles Moseley in 1865 but I am not sure if this has any connection to the family we have just been looking at - his Father was a Richard
For info
1691857430346.png

However, if your DNA is through Moseley and Durden. There is a marriage of an Ann Durden to a Charles Moseley in 1865 but I am not sure if this has any connection to the family we have just been looking at - his Father was a Richard
For info
View attachment 183164
Durden & Moseley is where I've stopped, as I did see Richard Moseley,

Charles and Ann lived in Knowle not Birmingham.
They seem to have had 4 chldren
Samuel. Mary Ann, Albert and Edward

Charles and Ann lived in Knowle not Birmingham.
They seem to have had 4 chldren
Samuel. Mary Ann, Albert and Edward
Just to tidy up: Samuel died in 1926 and the other 3 all died in childhood so no link from any possible descendents.

This why I'm struggling with the dna.

There's a lot of confusing names and places atm. Your line appears to be...

Percy Moseley was the son of Charles Moseley and Ada Boulton.

Charles Moseley was the son of George Moseley and Ann Maria Rose.

And it appears that George Moseley was the illegitimate son of an Elizabeth Moseley, born in Welford on Avon, which is a couple of miles from Stratford.

Anyone not connected to these can be ignored. I've used Moseley but the name regularly appears as Mosley.

There's a lot of confusing names and places atm. Your line appears to be...

Percy Moseley was the son of Charles Moseley and Ada Boulton.

Charles Moseley was the son of George Moseley and Ann Maria Rose.

And it appears that George Moseley was the illegitimate son of an Elizabeth Moseley, born in Welford on Avon, which is a couple of miles from Stratford.

Anyone not connected to these can be ignored. I've used Moseley but the name regularly appears as Mosley.
Thank you.

Back