• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Moseley Elizabeth

I had a quick look but could see no obvious connection. Violet's grandfather seems to be a John Moseley b1825ish Staffordshire, whilst I think Percy's grandfather appears to be a George Moseley b1842 Stratford.

So if there is, it's before that.
yes your right about percy.

i Have Emily Elizabeth, Known As Elizabeth... she married Skitt.
¾
Condolences. If you can help me in any way to trace details of my father i would be very grateful . we were always told he grew up in a Dr Barnardo's home in Birmingham. I received a reply from Dr Barnardo's today stating they have no records.
I have a Sydney C. Moseley in 1939, 55 Elmdale Cresent. ( Opposite me. )
If that's a help, mayb a paper trail, as there was Shenley Fields, children's home by there.
Condolences. If you can help me in any way to trace details of my father i would be very grateful . we were always told he grew up in a Dr Barnardo's home in Birmingham. I received a reply from Dr Barnardo's today stating they have no records.
Ii have a Sydney C. Moseley.
1939 . Elmdale Cresent.( I'm opposite there).
Could be a paper trail, as Shenley Fields children's home by there to.

Sidney Clifford Moseley b1905 of Elmdale Crescent, would have been Alfred Sidney Moseley's uncle, Violet's brother.

Percy's brother, Sydney Frederick Moseley b1909 was living on Guest St in 1939.

Debbie Moseley, are you related to Scott Moseley from Great Barr.
Hi Yes Scott and I have the same great grandparents ( John and Phoebe). Scott's Grandfather Sidney Clifford was the brother of my Grandmother Violet Anne, which would have made Scott's dad Douglas Alan 1st cousin to my dad Alfred Sidney. I did contact Scott but he wasn't available at that time. We now believe Violet must have had my dad without anyone knowing and given him up. I think I may have to except that I might never get to know anything more about him.

Hi Yes Scott and I have the same great grandparents ( John and Phoebe). Scott's Grandfather Sidney Clifford was the brother of my Grandmother Violet Anne, which would have made Scott's dad Douglas Alan 1st cousin to my dad Alfred Sidney. I did contact Scott but he wasn't available at that time. We now believe Violet must have had my dad without anyone knowing and given him up. I think I may have to except that I might never get to know anything more about him.
i know him really well, via my husband...

Married Mavis Jackson July 1945 ????
Finally found Moseley DNA connection, but she's in Hawaii, Emily Elizabeth ( Anna) Moseley 18.6.1866.
Married Francis Joseph Morris 1866/1961.
If that's any help to anyone.

I had a quick look but could see no obvious connection. Violet's grandfather seems to be a John Moseley b1825ish Staffordshire, whilst I think Percy's grandfather appears to be a George Moseley b1842 Stratford.

So if there is, it's before that.
The only Moseley DNA connection I can find is George Moseley who married Ann Marie Durden

Finally found Moseley DNA connection, but she's in Hawaii, Emily Elizabeth ( Anna) Moseley 18.6.1866.
Married Francis Joseph Morris 1866/1961.
If that's any help to anyone.

Emily Elizabeth Moseley didn't marry Francis Joseph Morris. It was Annie Maria Moseley and it seems doubtful she would have been known as Emily (not listed as such on any record) because she had a sister Emily Alexandra.

?

Emily Elizabeth Moseley didn't marry Francis Joseph Morris. It was Annie Maria Moseley and it seems doubtful she would have been known as Emily (not listed as such on any record) because she had a sister Emily

OK thank you, I'll alter my ancestry and see where that takes me. I've just logged on and there's a new DNA connection.

toni my parents married at st georges church but that was in 1950...church demolished 1960s but the graveyard is still there...if you are interested we have a thread for st georges church with many old photos of it..we also have a thread for great hampton row

lyn

toni my parents married at st georges church but that was in 1950...church demolished 1960s but the graveyard is still there...if you are interested we have a thread for st georges church with many old photos of it..we also have a thread for great hampton row

lyn
Aww OK thank you, I went to St George primary School, but only for a short time, we moved to West Heath around 1970ish.

I had the wrong Annie Maria then, the one I thought it was, was the daughter of a George and Rebecca with a sister Emily Alexandra and instead it is the daughter of George and Ann Maria (nee Rose) with a sister Emily Elizabeth as you found.

Registered as Mosley which I should have checked.
OK, thank you.

WOW Yes you are correct John Moseley and Ann Darley are my great great grand parents. My great grand parents are John and Phoebe Moseley, John being the son of John and Ann. Violet is my grand mother whose parents were John and Phoebe. We have nothing on my grand father and have assumed my dad was illegitimate. Do you know anything more about any of these? Thanks for this, this is the closes I have got to anybody knowing anything .
Has anyone got Moseleys married to Batemans,

Moseley, not Mosley ????

Slight variations in spelling are nothing to worry about, in the 19th century many people couldn't read or write so it would have been down to the person writing it to decide how a name was spelt and each different person may have spely it slighlt different.

Thank you, think I'll work round the DNA connections tho, took me about 5/6 years to find just one.

I'm not certain how detailed your dna connection is but could it be through one of your other ancestral lines? Have you traced that connection back to someone in your family tree?

Going back over the messages in this thread I see that Ann Maria and Emily Elizabeth are the sisters of Charles Moseley (Toni's ancestor) which I should have remembered.

If there's dna connection to either lady obvious they're related though I'm not sure what info is being looked for.

Back