• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Peaky Blinders - A world away from Downton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was Tommy cooking over the fire? A brace of pigeons?

Well they looked like a couple of old boots to me! But it was mentioned that they were shot that morning by a poacher on Lord Packwood’s Estate. So maybe partridges?

Would Lord Packwood be a fictional Lord? There is a Packwood House and Estate at Lapworth but not associated with a Lord. Plenty of time to sail them up the cut back to Brum.

I passed Packwood House on a Warwick’s walk...

https://www.ipernity.com/doc/2254674/44820176/in/album/980872

Well they looked like a couple of old boots to me! But it was mentioned that they were shot that morning by a poacher on Lord Packwood’s Estate. So maybe partridges?

Would Lord Packwood be a fictional Lord? There is a Packwood House and Estate at Lapworth but not associated with a Lord. Plenty of time to sail them up the cut back to Brum.

I passed Packwood House on a Warwick’s walk...

https://www.ipernity.com/doc/2254674/44820176/in/album/980872

My husband said they looked like boots. They seemed to be black! Partridges do seem likely.

Often used to go to Packwood House, well, I went several times in the past. I think I remember a large hall with a sort of split staircase, one branch coming down either side. And of course the topiary.

What am I going to do on Wednesday night without my Tommy,I will have to watch re-runs

I read an interview with Steve Knight where he said that series 5 would be filmed in the Midlands, he also said that Birmingham should be proud of its heritage,on the news last night he mentioned the Garrison pub and how it should be saved perhaps he will do something about it.

hi alberta the garrison was sold at beginning of december for 20k over the asking price it has been closed for some time now but it is hoped it will re open as a pub ...i really hope so

lyn

“If Tommy’s selling gin to Al Capone and dazzling Parliament as Small Heath’s version of Jeremy Corbyn, the next series won’t be dull.”

Dare I say from the Daily Mail site.

I signed up for Netflix in the USA and now I can get Peaky Blinders on my tele. I am afraid that in good conscious I can NOT watch this show at all. The acting and scenery are fine BUT THE LANGUAGE is disgusting, I have posted about this before, I had NEVER in all the 23 years of living in Brum never ever heard the word F+++K But to each his own I guess, Just my thoughts

What am I going to do on Wednesday night without my Tommy,I will have to watch re-runs

I read an interview with Steve Knight where he said that series 5 would be filmed in the Midlands, he also said that Birmingham should be proud of its heritage,on the news last night he mentioned the Garrison pub and how it should be saved perhaps he will do something about it.

So we won't see him in Parliament, which would be fun.

I signed up for Netflix in the USA and now I can get Peaky Blinders on my tele. I am afraid that in good conscious I can NOT watch this show at all. The acting and scenery are fine BUT THE LANGUAGE is disgusting, I have posted about this before, I had NEVER in all the 23 years of living in Brum never ever heard the word F+++K But to each his own I guess, Just my thoughts

You must have lived in the posher part of town, oldbrit. I was no stranger to that language where I grew up, though maybe it wasn't so frequent.

So Arthur nearly had his throat cut and miraculous recovered, just like that.

Yes, so does it follow that Alfie Solomons is not actually dead? Looking again at the deserted beach at Margate you can see that the dog resuscitates Alfie, and by licking the wound he keeps him going until help arrives.

I don't care what they say, we all heard language like it, just get them back ............
it beats Coronation Street

I can remember back in the early sixties one of our ex forces neighbours having a row in their back garden, my Mother was disgusted by their language but, as I had started working at a garage in town a few weeks before, it was the norm for me. One thing I never did was swear at home or in front of mixed company, I honestly don't find the language used nowadays by both sexes to be particularly attractive but it has become part of our younger generations culture.

We just got the new series on Netflix...watched the first episode & wow!! One thing that bothered me was that it was supposed to be around Christmas but it looked more like spring or summer. Will watch more when I am down south.
Dave A HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

BBC Birmingham in The Mailbox. Several Peaky Blinders costumes in the window display as well as a Garrison Tavern pub sign!

I had earlier been past the real Garrison pub. Bordesley area not Small Heath! Shame it closed down in 2012.

Last edited:
as posted on another thread i think the garrison has now been bought and will remain a pub which is great news

lyn

Hope so Lyn, or I wasted my time painting it ! Just realised this should have gone on the 'Garrison Lane pubs' thread - to late. EricGarrison Tavern.jpg

Last edited:
Smashing picture Eric. Your time painting is never wasted!

Here's a picture of our own Peaky (or Parker) Blinder on his way to the match the other day outside the Garrison.

Attachments

• IMG-20180221-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180221-WA0000.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back