• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Brummie Ghosts

hi nick ;
to get the experience of the touching bit ; i suggest you go to the old chuch in ward end where there is a meeting every friday night
and it appears to be new comers whom get the touch ; from behind ;that leaves big question marks to me ;to be answered ;
i do not beleive this sort of things are done by ghost or spiritual people ;and when you touch theres no one there ;
but i do beleive in certain people meaning of the medium ; and places where these farcise are done destroy the true meuim they mock it
its only because they have never experience ghostly things or seen them before in there life if you went to the right places at the right time you will actualy at some point get the experience s best wishes astonian ;

Hi Nick,

my wife knows the place in Willenhall very well. She used to set up her antiques stall during the heavy rock weekends, and she says there is certainly an atmosphere about the place. She never experienced anything personally (she's not sure if that is or isn't a compliment on the part of the 'presence'...) but she knows people who have. There's a local spiritualist group who hold meetings there, and apparently they've had at least one seance which has 'made contact' with something or someone in the building. I personally don't accept this stuff, but if it brings comfort to those who do, then that's fine by me.

While I'm on the subject, about 40 years ago my brother lived in a very nice 17th century mews house in the centre of York. I never sensed anything there myself (obviously I'm not receptive) but my mother would under no circumstances spend any time alone in the sitting-room. She said she felt a malevolence there. No-one else did, but she was so certain of it that we never left her in there alone. Why her?

Big Gee

hi nick ;
to get the experience of the touching bit ; i suggest you go to the old chuch in ward end where there is a meeting every friday night
and it appears to be new comers whom get the touch ; from behind ;that leaves big question marks to me ;to be answered ;
i do not beleive this sort of things are done by ghost or spiritual people ;and when you touch theres no one there ;
but i do beleive in certain people meaning of the medium ; and places where these farcise are done destroy the true meuim they mock it
its only because they have never experience ghostly things or seen them before in there life if you went to the right places at the right time you will actualy at some point get the experience s best wishes astonian ;

Hi Astonian. To be honest matey, I'm not sure whether I'd be terribly happy to experience such a thing!? (Most people say I'm 'touched' enough, as it is!! Laugh!!!) Seriously though, I've sort of happily slipped into the role of 'experience-less-onlooker' where the paranormal is concerned, which serves to keep me objectively minded in my research.......

You are absolutely right though in stating that a lot of people do tend to mock the paranormal simply because they have never had any personal experiences of their own......

Hi Nick,

my wife knows the place in Willenhall very well. She used to set up her antiques stall during the heavy rock weekends, and she says there is certainly an atmosphere about the place. She never experienced anything personally (she's not sure if that is or isn't a compliment on the part of the 'presence'...) but she knows people who have. There's a local spiritualist group who hold meetings there, and apparently they've had at least one seance which has 'made contact' with something or someone in the building. I personally don't accept this stuff, but if it brings comfort to those who do, then that's fine by me.

While I'm on the subject, about 40 years ago my brother lived in a very nice 17th century mews house in the centre of York. I never sensed anything there myself (obviously I'm not receptive) but my mother would under no circumstances spend any time alone in the sitting-room. She said she felt a malevolence there. No-one else did, but she was so certain of it that we never left her in there alone. Why her?

Big Gee

Hi Big Gee. Just thought I'd check with you to see if we were talking of the same place in Willenhall mate? Reading through what you're related above - a mention of heavy metal weekends and the like - I'm wondering if the place you're referring to might be Gilberts Club in Field Street, Willenhall? (Every so often, they hold rock music weekends for charity, I think? I believe someone from the band 'Budgie' has something to do with the events?) The place with the 'bum-pincher' (chuckle!!) was the old Alcatraz Club in Cemetery Road (formerly the Pondarosa Club), which has now been closed for a few years.

Funnily enough, both sites are allegedly haunted....... I have a Bugle article from a couple of years ago regarding the haunting at the Gilberts Club, so, if this is the place your wife knows, I'd be happy to scan the piece and pass it onto you if you like?

I am 100% with you on the comments you make re. the Spiritualist matter, by the way.

With regards to the York house - I must admit a number of people have related such things to me in the past..... Like yourself, I don't ever seem to find my senses affected one way or another by presumed atmospheres, but I've all-too frequently been present at a variety of different scenarios where people have professed to pick up on such things..... (I often think people believe I'm just being an awkward so and so with my shrugging at these junctures, but it is honestly a simple case of my not being able to share in their experiences! Laugh!!!)

Some people have much better eyesight, or a sense of hearing...... or smell than others - so perhaps this 'picking up on atmospheres' is little more than another form of natural, heightened perception???

All the best to everyone.

Hi Nick,

yes, it's Gilbert's that I was referring to. I think the charity rock weekends finished last year, at least according to what my wife's been told. She'd be interested in the piece from the Bugle, though, and thanks for the offer to scan it. I remember passing the Pondarosa a few times, but never went in.

I'm with you regarding sensing of 'atomospheres', but I do think that as you say it's possible some people have a heightened sense of perception. I don't think anyone would particularly wish to be locked in an old building at night, with the lights off, I know I wouldn't, but in my mother's case the room in question was light and airy and not at all dark and oppressive.

Big Gee

image.jpeg Hi Big Gee,

Hopefully, I should have just sent the Bugle article over to you by PM(?)

The 'Ponda' was rather popular with some of the older generations of Willenhall residents a few years back. After seeing the place internally, I'd long wondered just how someone came up with the idea of turning it into a club / pub, because I couldn't imagine a place 'less' suited to such a role, to be honest!! Laugh!!! Being an old lock factory, it's a rather narrow 'L' shaped factory, so you get the impression of being in a corridor, rather than on the floor of a club!!! Chuckle!!!! Still, as mentioned, it was a rather popular spot for many years......

I have a couple of articles on the matter........ one of which is here:

I don't think anyone would particularly wish to be locked in an old building at night, with the lights off, I know I wouldn't, but in my mother's case the room in question was light and airy and not at all dark and oppressive.

Big Gee

I'm not quite sure about actually being 'locked in' somewhere - after all, you need somewhere to run if things get too 'hairy'.... laugh!!! - but I'm all for spending the night in allegedly haunted buildings, I must admit!!!! Laugh!!!!! I guess I have the luxury of pretty much knowing that I'll never experience anything untoward......... but I do live in hope, needless to say!!! Chuckle!!!!

All the best to everyone, as always.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe in ghosts either but I did have an 'experience' when I used to help out my friend at edwards No 8 nightclub. They had a couple of residential 'ghosts' one of which had all the door staff scared to death, they called her 'Mary' but the most interesting one was the roof guy.
Evidently Edwards used to be the Skin hospital and one man who was being treated for horrible burns, caught sight of himself in a mirror and ran up the stairs, opened the door to the roof and jumped off. Well, thats the story!!

Past employees had said that they had heard the roof door open and footsteps when they had been in the nearby office but I had ignored this as being a tall tale. Till the night I was helping cash up, I walked to the office past the roof door, I HEARD it open and heard the footsteps up to the roof and I heard the tiles slipping as though someone were trying to walk on them.
I stood looking at the door (which stayed closed) for a few minutes, till the boss came and asked what the matter was, I explained and he shrugged and said that he'd heard it many times!!!

Hi Glynis - I was just wondering if I'd ever spoken to you previously somewhere, as I did interview a few, ex-staff members at Edwards some years back(?) I have to say that was such a superb place to visit........ not just because of some excellent music and groups, of course - laugh!!! - but the property itself was so extensive and labyrinthine and, as you point out, had a substantial haunted history!! Members of my group were allowed to investigate the club (site 43 mentioned on our 'investigations' page https://westmidlandsghostclub.com/page4.htm ) in 2006.

All the best.

hi here is a ghostly story;
I went to my daughters a couple of days ago and she lives down by the yardley cemetery in fact her rear garden backs onto the grave yard ;
and my grand son callum ;father lives also next to the yardley cemetry and last week end he went to stay with his father
and whilst he stayed here over the week end he had an experience of seeing a ghost in the back room of the house
he was watching the tv on his own he his 14 years old and highly intellgent and whilst watching the tele ;
a big figure of a man walked into the room and stod in front of the fire ; he said he froze on the seeing of this figure of a tall man;
he got up quickly and left and ran back home to his mothers as she lives around the other side of the swan island and he was in a state of shock ;
and he told his mother whom is a medium ; and she said not to worry cal ; its a guardian angel ;
so i say is there any ghostly reactions in and around the yardley cemetery after all it is an old cemetery.

i my self had an experience in the ickneld street end of the key hill cemetry when i was in my youth days ;and when the crematry building was there way back in the fifties on the icknelid stret entance of the key hill cemetry ; i was not alone either there was four of us whom experience the grave side experience
we all went home and told our familiy of the happening of the grave side there wa a bench we was sitting on ; and talking when this experience fron the
old grave stone occured in front of us ; it was a big head stone and well cared for in marble i cannot mention the name of the family involved as there may be excisting family members alive today ; even thou it possible they are sibbling from this old family tree whom may be members on the forum
it was close to the big old fashionioned house bulding of the crema in its roman looking building its a pitty we do not have a picture on the forum ;
of this building ;as it was nicked ; still one never knows whom is responible for it may decide to come and make a documentry on this forum
and they might just bring things back to life before they pass over and then one day we may ; just find out the culprit
but last year my daughter bought me afew old post card pictures that had been put on here a afew years back which i know i had seen these picts on the forum which was put up by our members and i commented to my daughter and asked her where she got them from
she said it was an old guy whom claimed he had alot more and he had alsorts of things and if she wanted any think else to come back to him;
and he claimes it only him or buy from the france
but any way it would be nice to see the old original pict of the key hill crem building that was demo in the sixties
the building was on the ickneld steet section more or less facing the railway of hockley station ; and where the old paupers burials was in the 1800s
best wishes and have a good day ; astonian;;

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

I have a very good friend whose wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer. They joined a spiritulist church in the hope that when she passd away she would communicate with him. Sadly she did pass away but he had no communication. However he is now happily married to a lady he met at the church. She had joined the church in the hope that her deceased husband would communicate. C'est La Vie.

Old Boy

Hi michael
yes if you purchase the right one they do work but they are expensive especialy if you buy from america
that i do know for certain and for anybody whom fels they want to experience this sort of things like spiritual meeting
i suggest they go to the ward end old church where i know you do get the spiritual meeting i think its a friday night
there is spiritual people whom are really good and i am sure they will make your hair curl
but more often than not you have to attend a couple of times before you get any contact from such a source of power ;
but also on the subject there is alot of fake people out there pretending to be of spiritual strengh
there is alot of fake people that make it terrible for the genuine people with such power
yes wendy ; there is ghost out there we have all heard the stories but seeing is beleiving i for one have seen one or two in my life
especialy at warstone lane in the section of ickneild street way back in the late fifties and early sixties before they demolished the crem; building i can give you the name of a grave and name the family buy as you know for legal reasons i cannot be aloud to do so ;
but i will say do not go to a person whom is in eversham the name i cannot say for legal reasons but i know of the people whomcan exposed them whom i se quite often i do know a person whom is genuine and accrutely in the proffession and she is most sort after and is really booked up all the year around but beleive me folks there is spirits around and i do not mean behind the bar ;
i have run pubs and i could tell you the names of them myself ; and as the going says seeing is beleiving so until you see one people do not beleive in them ,ther is other placesi have been but will not mention for reasons our ghost hunter friend on this forum will probaly know the meduim i am speaking of but i do recomend the old ward end chapel church best wishes astonian

I ran my own club, based in hattersley, but because of the lack of funds and with the venue costs it just didn't work out.... if I'm ever near your neck of the woods I will send you an email, see if your interested in doing a joint invest...

Thanks for this I will check it out, Have you ever been to southern cem Manchester, that I can tell you is haunted, I worked with a lady many years ago her house was on the back of the cem and when it goes dark early she would close her curtains first thing she would say I dont want to see the ghosts. I do have my own story to tell you about 2 years ago I made funeral arrangements for a burail in southern cem, when the lads arrived with the hearse, the grave digger nearly fell over as he said whilst he was digging the grave he had a chat with this man as he had said you have done a good job their and my wife is here, as the lads was in the chapel one of them said someone had topped him on the shoulder and said I need a hand, so with that he went out only to find the grave digger, with which he said to him what do you want a hand with he had no idea what he was on about. with this cem the stories go on on but then it is built on an old hospital. yes your right with seeing is beleiving my husband thinks I have completly lost the plot as I will go anywhere for an invest or atleast checkout a story..

Here in Sandbach is what is claimed to be the most haunted hotel in Britain, The Old Hall. I was in there last Friday for a meal, nice food but no ghosts. I think if I ever did see one I would drop dead from fright !

Honest you wouldn't, when I first saw a ghost I was in daisy nook country park ashton, I was just taking photos and this little boy about 8 years old was stood infront of me, he never looked at me never said a word, they say when they are round you, you feel cold spots and so on but I felt nothing, the way I felt towards him was he was just like my son, lovely looking little boy I still see him now which is so sad and heart breacking as i wouldn't like my child not at rest..

HI MAYPOLE BAZ
Yes that is quite true you would not drop if you sen one
you of course would be a little scared and you would speak about it for days beleive me you would
we had a ghost at 47 victoria rd aston ; in the 60 to 70 years we had
one there i was alone down stairs late one night on a sunday evening
just after midnight and the kitchen door was wide open as you come out of the kitchen you would walk in front of a blazing fire place
i was sitting there in the quitet having my supper before going to bed
when this big white figure came waltzing out of the kitchen and stood emediatly in front of the fire it stood there for about four minutes , i dropped my sandwich and ran up the stairs and awoke my brothers and told them what i had seen ; they was just awaking and thought i was telling tales but afew months down the line my brother friend stayed over night he was sleeping on the sofa and he got up to used the bath room and at 2-3oclock in the morning came dashing up to the bedrooms shouting he had seen our ghost and told us all which did prove i was not seeing or imaging things but that was not my first experiences there was other places . and when i mentionioned befor about warstone lane cemetry
there was a group of us boys and girls we all witnessed it and we got clear away from this persons grave stone and it was a smart head stone going back to the 1800s it was in marble well maintained ;i have never forgtoned this family name
i still refere it to people whom i am with on this subject of ghost
we have sen them at aston parish church yard as well and in a house at springhill passage i know there used to be a member on this forum as wel years ago used to live in this particular house inspringhill passage whom would also confirm it there brother was a close friend of mine for many years until he died in the eightys they moved to grabtree rd hockley after that ;
but like i said you would not drop but a little shaky may be but you would never forget it beleive me and in turn you would say seein is beleiving ;
but its only a small percentage of the human race whom ever get to come front face to face with one its like the jurrioor service years ago i was told growing up every body as to do jurrioer service but today its not the case but i have done a jurrior service but none of my eight brother have never been called up like alot of people today very few people do get called up now ; best wishes Astonian;;

;i have never forgtoned this family name
i still refere it to people whom i am with on this subject of ghost
we have sen them at aston parish church yard as well

Hi Alan and All,

If I had a fiver for every time I have sat in Aston Churchyard in the early hours of the morning and had a crafty cigarette I would be reasonably rich. Howeve I have never seen a ghost. You must presumably have special qualities or maybe a vivd imagination.

Look after yourself.

Chris Beresford (Old Boy)

i beleive in what your saying!
i myself had an experance in my own home about 5 years ago, I lost my brother 6 years ago but there was issues with his death that we are never gonna get an answers as to why they did what they did, so with looking for a solicitor to take the case on it was 1 year after his death I was in the kitching making a brew when I heard walking up stairs I shouted up to see who it was but got no answer so I let it go, about an hour after in the kitchen again I heard someone moving things about so again I shouted up the stairs and again nothing thinking it was my son but just at that moment the front door opened and in came my son, I asked him have you just been up stairs he said he hadn't, then on the monday night my husband and son was at the Manchester royal infirmary visting my mother in-law when the phone starting ringing I was on the computer so I got up and just as I passed my sons room Ryan shouted it;s ok mum I will get, i said back ok, so I went back in the bedroom, at that split moment I thought hang on a minute here ryan is 7 miles away so with that I cant explain this but as the years have gone on I have gotten use to it so I try not to let it bother me...

I keep an open mind when it comes to the supernatural, I think it's possible that some people can see things others can't. I'll believe in ghosts when I see one I suppose. It must be said though, there were a couple of strange incidents when my first wife died that couldn't be explained.

hi nick . there is some spiritual carrying on today or to night at the hall behind the snooker hall by tyseley station
there was a good turn out two weeks ago and they are back today
on the subject of warstone lane there my friends and myself expeirenced a situation of a spirit from a certain grave which i put on a few years back infact
and because i mentionioned the big family name they had to remove it i myself have had alot of experiences in my life ;
and even now at one of my homes i get the paranormal carrying ons during the night times
it is abit frightful at times ,my younger brother died afew years back he lived in one of those posh yuppies flat as i call thenm just at the back of broad street he had one there he had to get the local priest from st johns in ladywood to come and do abit of a cleareance he dopne the trick with holy water
but three months later it came back and the preist told him of a womam was murdered at the old timber merchants which ran along the old british railway sideing
wich also runs along the cannal where they used to bring the coal and the timbers in the early 1900s wich is behind the centurian square
and he said it was her but eventualy they got rid of itor should i say her
and banihed so yes i can relate to these things ver much in detail my daughte is in touch with te spiritual and ghost hunters in eversham where they go on these hunts i would like to join anorganiseation myself best wishes Astonian;Alan ;;

Funnily enough Astonian, I was phoned yesterday by a woman who reported a successful blessing by a priest - getting rid of a ghost, or so she thought - a few years back. I'm normally very dubious about such things, but it seem that - in her case at least - such a process did indeed seem to work!

HI Brummie ghost
Its a laugh a minute and laughable and a coicidence but strange you are on here today
because i have told you a true story which i told you about my brothers house in ladywood i have wittnessed it the whole sage from dasy one ;
but these things do happenen time and time again and i for one have had an experience a couple of nights ago from an old friend of a spirit
whom as taughted me for years and she came back on monday night at my bunolow around 2 oclock in the moning and awoke me up
it must be about 12 months ago she stopped coming and now she as reapeared
my brother had the preist several times before he died because his ghost kept coming back quite often i do not know whether its actualy stopped now
because i do not see or hear from his emedoate family anymore but apparently the priest from st johns ladywood came quite often with his holy water
people will always scoff at things like this and until the indivual sens for himself they will not beleive it i have said before over the years to you from childhood i have had my experiences and many people have told me of theres
i do not recall or not i have ever told you befopre my daughter is a well known spiritualist and goes to peoples house and some hertitage building of well known houses
and certain building like warick castle and other building she went to a national building and took picts of certain areas within a well known building
and captered a picture of a small boy crounching down on the cellar steps and after developing them spotted it and went back with her evedence
they asked here to visit another building to se if any think else can be found
I Think you would be astounded if i was to tell you of certain famouse peopple whom she sees regular basis on her files and records today
and beleive she is good .it comes through the family trait of my mothers mother trait whom way back in 1700 1800s comes from a connection of whitby abbey
where it was once a monastry i have gone right back through the life lines and back to the monastry and beyound that ancesters was preist and reverns of certain churchs across this county and of birmingham when it was border ; worc;
but getting back to my lady i must admitt i aint to keen on her but i certainly know when she comes in the night because she wakes me up
so keep them eyes peeled and if you are in the right place at the time you will feel the cold feel i beleive in this fast modern world of moderen building
we have today they are scarced than the yester years but there is still plenty i know of several places where you are likely to come across one in this day and age
i have ran variuos pubs in my time and i can name a few of them with the ghostly problem; best wishes Astonian;;

Thank you for your comments Astonian!!!

It is interesting that you should mention a familial thread in your note, as it seems that most members of my family - who have no interest at all in the subject of ghosts, I should stress - have had 'paranormal experiences', while I (speaking as someone who has been interested in the subject all of my life) have never really experienced anything of worth, when it comes to this particular topic!?! Laugh! I'm laughing, of course, but I honestly can't explain this at all.......? As I've frequently mentioned to many different people over the years, I guess this sort of thing could possibly have some form of genetic link (perhaps?) and actually 'run in a family' to a certain degree? It's incredible to consider the sorts of things / traits that can be passed on through genes, so - pushing the boundaries slightly - could a familiarity with paranormal matters also 'continue' along such lines, do you think? Again - I don't know what has occurred in my particular case, but something must surely be 'lacking', I'd guess? Laugh!!

All the best to everyone..... as always.

Hello, all.

Back in the 1970s my family lived in Tavistock Road, Acocks Green. There was me, my mother, two sisters, my brother-in-law and Butch the dog all crammed into a three-bed non-detached council house. After our previous abode of a Sparkbrook back-to-back, I thought it was very pleasant. We hadn't long been settled there when one afternoon as I sat reading on the sofa, I heard something or someone dash past behind me, moving from the front door to the kitchen. At that moment, Butch, who had been dozing on his settee opposite me, sprang awake and craned his neck apparently watching some invisible entity rushing past behind me to the kitchen door. Then whatever it was apparently reached the stairs, which led up from the kitchen, and I heard the thudding of someone apparently dashing up them followed by the muffled sound of a bedroom door slamming and an equally muffled groan of anguish (the only way I can describe it) from upstairs. I looked over at Butch, who looked back at me and I guess neither of us could make out just what had happened. It was apparent to me, though, that whatever it was, Butch had been able to see it as rushed to the kitchen door, though it was invisible to me.
It was a one-off, and after a time I thought no more of it. Then a few years later my older sister confided in me as to how one night she'd had a heated argument with her husband. He'd stormed out to go drinking with his friends and she'd eventually gone to bed. After midnight, she fell asleep but was wakened in the early hours by banging on her bedroom door. It was my brother-in-law trying to get in. Putting the light on, my sister immediately saw why. Somehow, a large, heavy wardrobe had been dragged across the floor and positioned in front of the bedroom door, preventing it from being opened. Her husband was banging angrily, convinced that my sister had done it deliberately, but after managing to drag the wardrobe clear, she explained that the thing had somehow not only been dragged into place, but it had been lifted from bare floorboards onto a carpet in order to get it there, something that was beyond her strength.
After she told me this story I remembered the "anguished man" Butch and me had apparently seen and heard between us that time and we both wondered if the house had any kind of "history". We inquired of our neighbours, who said they hadn't wanted to tell us in case it worried us, but years back the elderly lady who once lived in the house took in a male lodger who one day came home from work and promptly committed suicide for reasons unknown. One person said he'd gassed himself in the kitchen with the oven, another said he'd hanged himself in a bedroom cupboard. From what Butch and me experienced that mysterious afternoon in sunny Acocks Green, I think it was the latter.

Happy Halloween, everybody. Ray.

As luck would have it, I've only popped on here to check some data..... and here is your cracking ghost story, Ray T...!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us!!

I've never actually visited the museum in question myself, but I was wondering what forum members thought of this recent matter?

https://www.expressandstar.com/ente...amera-at-birminghams-victorian-back-to-backs/

I have to admit that I've purposefully used the 'Express And Star' version of the article, as the woman in question (who took the photograph) was - shall we say - 'less than impressed' by the way that the 'Birm. Mail' had treated the information that she had given them, it seems.....!?

I'm told that she visited the museum to see what life in such properties might have been like for her grandfather, who was raised in similar housing in the Highgate region. With regards to the photograph in question, she is adamant that - as far as she can say - she was completely alone in the bedroom concerned when the shot was taken...... The only potentially 'spooky' thing about her visit was the fact that she says she felt some peculiar sensations at the time, but that was all really.......

As luck would have it, I've only popped on here to check some data..... and here is your cracking ghost story, Ray T...!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us!!

Glad you enjoyed the story, Nicholas. I forgot one detail, which was, after my sister had gone to bed and fallen asleep, she was woken up not long after by someone getting into bed beside her. Of course, she assumed it was her husband and in view of the row they'd had she ignored him and went back to sleep. It was after that she was woken by her husband banging to get into the bedroom, the door of which was blocked by the heavy wardrobe. So she'd cold-shouldered what she thought was him and he was angry because he thought she'd shut him out. Spooky, eh?

Good wishes, Ray.

Hi there, I realise this is quite an old thread but I noticed it had recent activity. I have had quite a few paranormal experiences myself throughout my life although I don't consider myself psychic or anything like that, I would be happy to discuss those if anyone would want to know in detail. I have been told the Peacock Pub in Wythall is haunted as indeed the Roman Road Icknield Street which it lies on is too. I believe it is haunted by a Roman Soldier (funnily enough). Also the Bulls Head in Earlswood is said to be haunted by a Lime Kiln Worker, I had an experience there myself with a heavy solid wooden door opening and slamming shut in my face at the precise moment I actually thought "if there is a ghost show yourself", again I do not think of myself as psychic just maybe in tune? I have been on a couple of investigations with BG&H some time ago to Wolverhampton Race Course which was allegedly very haunted but I didn't witness anything myself personally.

Have really enjoyed reading peoples experiences and thoughts.

Kind regards

Steve

she was woken up not long after by someone getting into bed beside her.

Thanks for the reply Ray!! With regards to this particular aspect of the story, it does seem that this kind of thing is relatively common in this type of scenario....? I've heard many such instances over the years and - coincidentally - two people have mentioned similar things to me within the last week alone (well, 'three', including your example, I should say!!) One account is from an old school friend of mine, who has been relating details of his potentially haunted shop to me, and the other from a group member who says his eldest daughter had an almost identical experience to that of your sister!!

Of course, many people would probably like to 'make something' of these experiences - cheeky, sordid, or whatever - but I don't personally believe it potentially boils down to anything 'sex-related', necessarily...!? (We HAVE indeed heard cases of supposed sexual interaction between ghost and human in the past, it seems - a reasonably famous case from Weoley Castle, for example, and another from Cannock, etc, in decades gone by - but much of this, needless to say, boils down to 'interpretation' by the people involved and so forth).

Back