• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Burrows Marjorie Doris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi sylv
What year is the waklin book you are using please Carolina as put habit of a map on but it is limited
By the way Carolina whilst I am on the subject. Of Shockley
The street of ford street came up with memories of people and I see you knew Barbara handford from the street way back in the 1949
Period. And that you went to all saints school and she mentionioned the little name and that her uncle harry and aunty winning
Also from the red and also my two cousins Bryan and Barry Phelps whom would be possible in some school photos
Along with harry and winning they are apart of family tree harry and win was very close to my mother and we seen them often
And when the lads left alsaints they went to ickneild street school and that's the reason my mother sent me there to be with those two
I have taken down and written Barbara's email from the site so I will drop her Aline tomorrow
As she stated anybody knows of these people to contact her so I will. E informing her of my connection to the family tree
Can you recall Georges cafe on the flat there is a picture of it
And I have just thought after reading your bit as well from the time gone bye and coming out of that school before you got to the corner of all saints red
And the pub on the corner there wasa corner shop and it went down to little park red as you said
And like I said it was the back of the railway its that hill I am trying to recall that red across from the school
And I do not mean pitford street as I said walk up to the school coming out of ford street and up the hill of lodge red
And facing Goode street is alsaints and also the hydraulic pub then you would turn left onto all saints red
Then you had the corner shop then you would be at the corner turning left down the steep hill back to little park red
That steep hill runs down the back of the railway with a huge big black brick works
I hope you can understand my directions but any way it was good to read some of your old threads on teds rudge s sight
I remembered in person from way back I met with him from and old thriend of mine whom was is neibour
Look forward to hearing from you Carolina best wishes astonian

For Alan, my Wakelin's Street Guide isn't dated but it was 9d old money and the phone no. EAST 1260 so it was published before February 1971 when decimalisation came in.

Hi Mike its the area around All Saints Road, All Saints Street, Lodge road, Piddock Street - Hockley. Thanks

Hi Lou
You can rest assured what I have told you is 100 per cent Stan was the young boy and now the man you are hoping to track down
I recently sent you an pm through another party giving you details and Marjory and Joseph are the people
As I have said Stan was a good old long time friend of mine and I would dearly love you to find him and for mine sake
If you have received my pm through the other party please come back to me through that that third party then its confidential
Best wishes Alan,, Astonian,,,,,,,

Alan, Lou has not logged on to this Forum for over two and a half years now so I am closing the Thread because I believe she has got all the info she needs.
Thanks Alberta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back