• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

BSA, Triumph and Ariel motorbikes & trikes

Its sort of returning to that in that, When I was in London a few months ago there were a lot of rickshaws like this;

1671914743096.png

I took one for quite a short distance. Very opoen and they go quite fast. Also, it seemed tht the automatic detection system at traffic lights coming from minor roads did not register it and we waited for ages at a minor junctiion. But, compared to london taxis quite cheap

2 views of the Small Heath Factory , clearly different date as layout has changed . Anyone have information on the changes.

Attachments

• 744F67CB-0F11-46A7-8008-79E34274F596.jpeg
    744F67CB-0F11-46A7-8008-79E34274F596.jpeg
    286.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 74CE0939-853E-4C13-911B-4A0946FB3FDF.jpeg
    74CE0939-853E-4C13-911B-4A0946FB3FDF.jpeg
    631 KB · Views: 19
i used to walk over to the arial side of the BSA works at lunch time to look at the bike and think one day i will get one of these , i never did :grinning:
The Ariel Leader was a British motorcycle produced by Ariel Motorcycles between 1958 and 1965. A radical design, the Leader was fully enclosed with an integral windscreen and was the first British motorcycle to have optional flashing
indicators

i used to walk over to the arial side of the BSA works at lunch time to look at the bike and think one day i will get one of these , i never did :grinning:
The Ariel Leader was a British motorcycle produced by Ariel Motorcycles between 1958 and 1965. A radical design, the Leader was fully enclosed with an integral windscreen and was the first British motorcycle to have optional flashing
indicators
That looks like one of the later models?

BSA offered promotion including a year’s free petrol with every purchase and free servicing for owners who could ‘introduce a friend’. By promoting and selling their machine
View attachment 173125View attachment 173124
During my apprenticeship I had the opportunity of enjoying , a glide a dinnertime to Kings Heath park on a BSA 250 cc Goldstar owned by one of my fellow apprentices . One of the sparks used to take me to the office for the wages on a 650cc Ariel Huntmaster c/w Monza sidecar , needless to say I rode pillion .

i had one of these and i dropped i in Kingshurst one evening in the wet. the bedford ambo come bell ringingand said i was not breathing and had popped me clogs they put me on a stretcher and took me to ebh (so i was told, when at hospital they saw i was in a coma I had a fractured skull and broken coccyx. so they transferred me to smethwick nuro i went for 6 months. when i finally come home i went to collect me bike from Greys on the cov rd. and still am a biker now.:grinning:
Triumph-Trident-T150-Right-Side-1.jpg

:grinning:

1969 Triumph Trident​

i had one of these and i dropped i in Kingshurst one evening in the wet. the bedford ambo come bell ringingand said i was not breathing and had popped me clogs they put me on a stretcher and took me to ebh (so i was told, when at hospital they saw i was in a coma I had a fractured skull and broken coccyx. so they transferred me to smethwick nuro i went for 6 months. when i finally come home i went to collect me bike from Greys on the cov rd. and still am a biker now.:grinning:
Triumph-Trident-T150-Right-Side-1.jpg

:grinning:

1969 Triumph Trident​

The Trident was a lovely looking machine. Do you remeber Slippery Sam Pete?

Back