• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Woodman Easy Row

same here froth..im still fuming from when i watched it first thing this morning...

lyn

wend...its me confusing you as i asked if anyone could post that link from the paradise st thread. which john kindly did..i should have pointed out that it was richies post... never mind i shall go for a lie down in dark room now...lol

lyn

Mossg these tiles are just wonderful. It would be nice to know what happened to them.

Wendy,i drink with somone who remembers it being demolished and he seems to the interior being sent to America.
These are the last pictures of the tiles,copied from the same book as all the others.
Moss.

The detail almost takes my breath away. Isn't it amazing the places where these pictures depict have all had quite in depth discussions on this forum! Mossg please could you tell me the book title or send me an I.M.

i am sure that the craftsmen of the tiles wanted history to be known. Nowadays these skyscraper builders want history to be forgotten. Or am I being too controversial?

wonderful tiles moss thanks for posting them...richie you are not being controversial...you are only speaking the truth...

lyn

Thanks Mossg I would like that book so will now try and get it.

Richie you are only saying what most of us here think!

hi all..this pic is on the cover of a 95 old brum mag...no reference inside to it but it surely must be the woodman pub....sorry but i dont know how to get rid of a young carl or the price so maybe someone could have a go for me please...

the next pic i have posted of it is better..

lyn

Last edited:
It is "The Woodman",another great pic from our very own historian...

Professor Chinn...eat yer heart out.

Warning to everyone..I'm expecting to be at the Birmingham Seen exhibition and the Central Library tomorrow Monday so the staff there might want to go home early!

lol richie...you should enjoy it....

thanks chris that looks much better....as much as i think the world of our carl his face on the pic just did not look right lol

lyn

hi aidan..i have seen this clip before..most upsetting to watch...what a waste of yet another great building...

cheers

lyn

Back